Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Yorkshire bloke moves to Hawkes bay.....

Yorkshire bloke moves to Hawkes bay.....

Old Feb 4th 2010, 6:53 am
Just Joined

yorkshire tyke is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Yorkshire bloke moves to Hawkes bay.....

Kia Ora.... or Ey up!

Myself and my partner have recently moved into the Bay, the area has quite a bit to offer if in the way of activites.

We have found a roof to cover our heads but only renting as we are awaiting the Pound to flex its muscles.

Jobs are pretty short in supply but I have managed to grab a 'put me on' job which will see me out till I can find a career buliding job.

Anyway thought I'd say Hi and if there is any other newbies or senior expats living in Hawkes Bay give me a shout.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:03 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yorkshire bloke moves to Hawkes bay.....

[QUOTE=yorkshire tyke;8310625]Kia Ora.... or Ey up!

Myself and my partner have recently moved into the Bay, the area has quite a bit to offer if in the way of activites.

We have found a roof to cover our heads but only renting as we are awaiting the Pound to flex its muscles.

Jobs are pretty short in supply but I have managed to grab a 'put me on' job which will see me out till I can find a career buliding job.

Anyway thought I'd say Hi and if there is any other newbies or senior expats living in Hawkes Bay give me a shout.[/QUOTE

Big Hi good to see you have arrived and welcome from one yorkshire person to another and EY UPto you

My other half works in Construction in the uk he worked for Turners, Laing, Quamby all in Yorkshire and London.

Likes working in Christchurch but like fishing even more!!! 43 went last time the drink he takes its a wonder they all stand..still he does bring the odd fish home.

Still I hope it works out for you Jobs are coming up, his place have turned away some tenders already and its only Feb!!
Old Feb 5th 2010, 6:18 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkshire tyke
Kia Ora.... or Ey up!

but I have managed to grab a 'put me on' job
:
Huh?

Hi to you & welcome to the site, still in Uk at the moment but hopefully over in the not to distant future.

what is a "put me on job" ?

Dewb
Old Feb 5th 2010, 10:07 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I dunno.

Anyways, welcome to this NZ forum and Happy Posting.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BEVS
I dunno.

Welcome!!!
love Berni!
xxxx
Old Feb 9th 2010, 5:28 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=harrogate girl;8310725]
Kia Ora.... or Ey up!

Anyway thought I'd say Hi and if there is any other newbies or senior expats living in Hawkes Bay give me a shout.[/QUOTE

Big Hi good to see you have arrived and welcome from one yorkshire person to another and EY UPto you

My other half works in Construction in the uk he worked for Turners, Laing, Quamby all in Yorkshire and London.

Likes working in Christchurch but like fishing even more!!! 43 went last time the drink he takes its a wonder they all stand..still he does bring the odd fish home.

Still I hope it works out for you Jobs are coming up, his place have turned away some tenders already and its only Feb!!
Hi Harrogate girl,

Thank you for your post, and looks like your fella is sorted for entertainment... the fishing around Hawkes bay ain't too bad either, caught my first fish a couple of weeks ago and landed myself a nice sized Snapper.... very nice eating.

Work in the Bay is pretty lean at the mo, I have managed to wrangle a meter reading job, too see us through till we find something in our field of work.
I do hope something comes soon though as I'm fed up of the dogs, and the favourite breed round here seems to be pitbulls.

When did you guys move over and how are yu finding life in Christchurch?
Old Feb 9th 2010, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 127luton
Welcome!!!
love Berni!
xxxx
Thank you Berni
Old Feb 9th 2010, 5:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dewb09
Huh?

Hi to you & welcome to the site, still in Uk at the moment but hopefully over in the not to distant future.

what is a "put me on job" ?

Dewb
Ohh haha!

The 'put me on job' is a job I have picked up to see me on until I get a job in my line of work. Which is Graphic Design.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 5:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
I dunno.

thank you.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 5:58 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Ohh haha!

The 'put me on job' is a job I have picked up to see me on until I get a job in my line of work. Which is Graphic Design.
Thank you, I had never heard the term before, its great

Good luck with it

Dewb
Old Feb 9th 2010, 9:58 pm
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=yorkshire tyke;8325446]
Originally Posted by harrogate girl

Hi Harrogate girl,

Thank you for your post, and looks like your fella is sorted for entertainment... the fishing around Hawkes bay ain't too bad either, caught my first fish a couple of weeks ago and landed myself a nice sized Snapper.... very nice eating.

Work in the Bay is pretty lean at the mo, I have managed to wrangle a meter reading job, too see us through till we find something in our field of work.
I do hope something comes soon though as I'm fed up of the dogs, and the favourite breed round here seems to be pitbulls.

When did you guys move over and how are yu finding life in Christchurch?
Hi Happened quite quick for use in 2003 Martin sent of CV within a week had a job offer sold the house in 3 days!!! We had a holiday booked for 6 weeks!!! to have a look round.... just emigrated instead

We Started in KeriKeri turned out to be a bad move he did not get paid nor did the blokes on site. Mainzeal phoned him from Christchurch and after only weeks in the North we drove down to ch-ch and have not looked back since.

God I would not like to do what you are doing now with all the dogs as most in NZ are outside dogs that are not well looked after. Even my own dog( from uk) has been attacked when she was just sat in the back of my car !!! so much for a nice walkAS FOR THE DOG OWNERS SHE WAS ON HORSEBACK with 5 dog runing all over the place under no controll still it all came back to bite her in the bum big time

In Construction what do you do?
Old Feb 12th 2010, 8:25 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=harrogate girl;8327787]
Hi Happened quite quick for use in 2003 Martin sent of CV within a week had a job offer sold the house in 3 days!!! We had a holiday booked for 6 weeks!!! to have a look round.... just emigrated instead

We Started in KeriKeri turned out to be a bad move he did not get paid nor did the blokes on site. Mainzeal phoned him from Christchurch and after only weeks in the North we drove down to ch-ch and have not looked back since.

God I would not like to do what you are doing now with all the dogs as most in NZ are outside dogs that are not well looked after. Even my own dog( from uk) has been attacked when she was just sat in the back of my car !!! so much for a nice walkAS FOR THE DOG OWNERS SHE WAS ON HORSEBACK with 5 dog runing all over the place under no controll still it all came back to bite her in the bum big time

In Construction what do you do?
That's a bit of an unfortunate start you, but great things come to those who persivere (may be spelling mistakes).
As for the dog thing I feel there is a bit of a problem over here I had to call the dog control unit in to pick up two Pitbulls that were roaming the street, little swines tried to have a go at me.. must be the illumious jacket that attracts em
I used to do a bit of weekend plastering and rendering, so I might try my luck in that work sector... as I think that the building trade here is starting to pick up again.