Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Our NZ trip Dec 22nd to 2nd Feb 2009

Our NZ trip Dec 22nd to 2nd Feb 2009

Old Dec 25th 2008, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our NZ trip Dec 22nd to 2nd Feb 2009

Dec 22nd

Not a good start to our 6 weeks holiday. Both of us have got very bad coughs & colds. Checked in on line on Saturday for our departure at 9.15 Monday morning. We boarded early at 8.15 because we have wheelchair assistance the remaining passengers boarding at 8.45. Then would you believe it we could not take off because of some problem and were sat of the tarmac until 12.15 when they said we would be going. They had one door open there was no airconditoning so it was absolutely stiffling which did not help our colds much. The kept bringing glasses of water and gave us an ice cream. We eventually departed at 12.40.

One thing I did notice at Manchester Airport considering it was Christmas Eve we saw very few decorations and no Christmas music. It certainly was not the season of good cheer there. Of course it was a different story at Singapore I might add.

More later when I am feeling better
Old Dec 25th 2008, 9:05 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Our NZ trip Dec 22nd to 2nd Feb 2009

Ah June !

I wondered about you just this morning. Our friends have their parents over. They flew from Manchester Airport a couple of weeks back via Singapore and saw those Christmas lights there. Reminded me you were due here soon.

I do hope you are both feeling a lot better soon.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Merry christmas June, I hope you are recovering from your colds in the warmer weather. Say hi to Gail from us - we visited her in October when we were staying in Cambridge. Bet it's a busy time for them.
Have a lovely holiday, Fi x
Old Dec 26th 2008, 6:06 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

hi June, hope you're both making a speedy recovery and your colds are much better.
xx
Old Dec 27th 2008, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Well its now Saturday and at long last my cold is getting better. I seem to have got through Christmas Day & Boxing Day in a trance I have taken so much medication. We were invited to Christmas Day Breakfast & then on to someone elses for dinner. Never seen so much food in one go and not able to eat anything. As usual everyone takes something but this time all the trimmings as well. So there must have been at least a dozen steamers going with all the veg etc. There were sweets to die for and my appetite had flown out of the window.

I hope everyone had A Merry Christmas and I am looking forward to the New Year
Old Dec 27th 2008, 8:47 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome back June,

So sorry to hear you're start has been blighted by the lurgy, but glad to hear you are on the mend now.

Maybe see you at quiz night at Rain on Tuesday, Doug has a pretty good record down there! Unlike us!!!

Enjoy you're visit.

Loolah
Old Dec 27th 2008, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy your trip and the family. Looking forward to your updates. Have a great start to 09

Phyl x
Old Dec 27th 2008, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Welcome back June,

So sorry to hear you're start has been blighted by the lurgy, but glad to hear you are on the mend now.

Maybe see you at quiz night at Rain on Tuesday, Doug has a pretty good record down there! Unlike us!!!

Enjoy you're visit.

Loolah
I do hope we will see you in the Rain but don't know when. I don't think we will be going on Tuesday and then on Tuesday the 6th we are flying to Christchurch for 1 week returning on the 13th. So hopefully the week after that.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Welcome back June,

Loolah
Well I went to the Doctors today and the dreaded "lurgy" turned out to be "atypical pneumonia" Never heard of it before but its not very pleasant I can assure you. He said the Americans call it "walking pneumonia" its a milder form for pneumonia so he says. I don't have anything a common as a cold.

We had our flu injections in October and also a pneumonia jab last year which is supposed to last 10 years. What a waste of time that was.

Anyway once the antibiotic kick in I should be well on the way to a full recovery and raring to go.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear you're not feeling so good June, not a good start to the hols. Get well soon
Steph. xxx
Old Dec 29th 2008, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

custard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant future

We hope you are soon on the road to recovery

Friends in the UK have said there seems to be a lot of flu about this year.

Keep up with the holiday diary - its great to hear what other people are doing on their hols
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

30th December

Well this was not supposed to happen. Me getting ill and then rain.

It never ceased raining yesterday so I stayed in bed most of the time. Felling better today so we are going to go out for breakfast. We are going to see if Pauline's is open. If not then we will go to Tauranga.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Complete change of plans the sun decided to shine after all so we went to Mt Maunganui. It was very busy with holiday makers etc. The sales have started just like in the UK. I do find a lot of things expensive here. I brought a book for Gail I knew she would like it was 3 pounds 84p from Asda (approx $10) The same book here $39.95. She tells me she buys most of her books off Trademe I am not surprised.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 2:36 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
Dec 22nd

Not a good start to our 6 weeks holiday. Both of us have got very bad coughs & colds. Checked in on line on Saturday for our departure at 9.15 Monday morning. We boarded early at 8.15 because we have wheelchair assistance the remaining passengers boarding at 8.45. Then would you believe it we could not take off because of some problem and were sat of the tarmac until 12.15 when they said we would be going. They had one door open there was no airconditoning so it was absolutely stiffling which did not help our colds much. The kept bringing glasses of water and gave us an ice cream. We eventually departed at 12.40.

One thing I did notice at Manchester Airport considering it was Christmas Eve we saw very few decorations and no Christmas music. It certainly was not the season of good cheer there. Of course it was a different story at Singapore I might add.

More later when I am feeling better
Hi hope you are much better I was back home in May I traveld back to Christchurch with a realy bad ear infection the put me in Hospital I pick this up from the ward that my Dad passsed away in....luck it was only just me that was infecetd.
As for the books yes I fully agree I order my book from over the internet.
You may well find lots of other items that cost so much more but look how far NZ is to the rest of the World....nice

Hope you have a good stay and the weather is quite good for you.
If you need any help when in Christchurch please pm me will be happy to help.
Lin
Old Dec 31st 2008, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by harrogate girl
Hi hope you are much better I was back home in May I traveld back to Christchurch with a realy bad ear infection the put me in Hospital I pick this up from the ward that my Dad passsed away in....luck it was only just me that was infecetd.
As for the books yes I fully agree I order my book from over the internet.
You may well find lots of other items that cost so much more but look how far NZ is to the rest of the World....nice

Hope you have a good stay and the weather is quite good for you.
If you need any help when in Christchurch please pm me will be happy to help.
Lin

Thanks for that do you live in Christchurch its self? We have quite a number a things planned and we also have friends from the UK who live there and are meeting up with them. Some live in Rangiora and a work mate of Alan's who emigrated over 40 years ago lives in Hornby.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.