Yes its official

Old Dec 8th 2008, 1:49 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yes its official

Originally Posted by kiwinow
Hi love30
I know how you feel. I'm feeling trapped in Timaru at the moment, even though I've lived in NZ most of my life. I do think that a different place might be good for you eventually. My parents live in Wanganui and although it's a nice place to visit I wouldn't want to live there. Even up the road in New Plymouth would be an improvement, but if it's culture you're wanting then Welly is good, and personally I liked Auckland, but we lived out west in Henderson, half an hour from town with 20 minutes drive to gorgeous beaches and bushwalks.

You say you miss travelling. I know the fares are probably not as cheap as UK to Europe, but have you noticed that often fares to Oz are cheaper than within NZ? Also, have you visited the islands? Club Med do some good packages in Noumea. Vanuatu, Fiji and Raro aren't that far. Not Europe but exotic in a different way.
Thanks but sometimes it makes me feel worse when everyone says they dont want to live in Wanganui, Well we do!!! and make the best of it I suppose for a few bloody years. my husband has got a good job and earns good money, and was not to be turned down, hence being here, was not our Choice...ok we have a lovely House, and it has its nice bits too it but...well I have to go on I just wanted to share how i felt today

Well we are planning on going to Christchurch and Auckland (again) next year, I like Auckland and Wellington so does my teenage Daughter
Old Dec 8th 2008, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Where do you come from in the UK, Love30?

Lets face it Wanganui is well out in the styx, so I can imagine you would feel well isolated there. I can manage one night there passing through but could do no more.

Wellington even is way too remote for me, but I suspect it offers a lot more than Wanganui (apart from the easy access to the central north island countryside).
Old Dec 8th 2008, 1:51 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Can your daughter perhaps do a 'gap year' back in the UK in a couple of years? Get her saving some money to go back and work for a little while.

She may love it, but she also may decide to give NZ another shot. Or something.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Browner_
Where do you come from in the UK, Love30?

Lets face it Wanganui is well out in the styx, so I can imagine you would feel well isolated there. I can manage one night there passing through but could do no more.

Wellington even is way too remote for me, but I suspect it offers a lot more than Wanganui (apart from the easy access to the central north island countryside).
Wanganui is not that bad. for god sake its not that small, so thanks for making me feel even better
Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Thanks but sometimes it makes me feel worse when everyone says they dont want to live in Wanganui, Well we do!!! and make the best of it I suppose for a few bloody years. my husband has got a good job and earns good money, and was not to be turned down, hence being here, was not our Choice...ok we have a lovely House, and it has its nice bits too it
Why are you listening to people who don't want to live in Wanganui? Why do you let it bother you? It's not a personal insult towards you for peoples lifestyle choice! Jeez, most people I speak to from out of Auckland call me a JAFA and I don't cry into my cornflakes about it.

I've met some real nasty pieces of work here in Auckland (and now further afield ) and glad to be rid of them, I don't let them affect my daily life and neither should you. You have been given some helpful advice/suggestions, I do hope you take each one and try to use it to make your life/feelings a bit more positive
Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Why are you listening to people who don't want to live in Wanganui? Why do you let it bother you? It's not a personal insult towards you for peoples lifestyle choice! Jeez, most people I speak to from out of Auckland call me a JAFA and I don't cry into my cornflakes about it.

I've met some real nasty pieces of work here in Auckland (and now further afield ) and glad to be rid of them, I don't let them affect my daily life and neither should you. You have been given some helpful advice/suggestions, I do hope you take each one and try to use it to make your life/feelings a bit more positive
Thanks for that just what I needed cheers
Old Dec 8th 2008, 4:48 pm

And btw i dont like Cornflakes
Old Dec 8th 2008, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

So what do you want?
Old Dec 8th 2008, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

And btw i dont like Cornflakes
I didn't mention your cereal tastes, if you read back I mentioned MY Cornflakes
Old Dec 8th 2008, 5:27 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

A holiday could be just what you need. We ought to have a hug emoticon on this forum.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 5:32 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hey you. Are you feeling a bit better? You were a right mysogs earlier, giving it a bit of welly & a here and a there to posts that were really only trying to support a little .

Margaret Parkinson offered up what helped her daughter at the time. I know it isn't practical for you but she gave the thought from her good heart. Remember that she is a mum too who has had to watch her daughter struggle , just like you & that must've been very hard for her too .
I don't think anyone was running down Wanganui as such , just agreeing that an NZ life may not be for some.
I can quite understand that when you see a load of stuff which does nothing but knock NZ or, conversely, ham it up as paradise it does nothing for morale but as Michelle says,you gotta just pass that on by.

Look. It's OK to have a right old moan & get it all out there . It really is. Who else is going to understand but some of us lot. Just don't let some of the 'NZ is all crap' comments get to you and equally don't let anyone whose NZ life is fine for the most part make you feel that you are not entitled to feel as you do. They have not and are not walking in your shoes. None of us have. We are not you.

You should be glad you are not me - I'm mental sometimes , all the time and don't know which way I should be turning in my life. Perhaps that's me age though . I don't bounce quite as well as I used to.

Do you think an OE for your daughter might be possible at all? Sounded quite good to me.
Like you , we can't afford a break let alone a holiday. We've not had one since we arrived here. What I do know is that the best value holiday in the South Pacific is Tonga. If you go in the Winter , you can whale watch. If you need a buzz then it is gonna have to be an Ozzy city. I'd go for Melbourne if there was any chance of getting off-shore at all.

Whatever, you need a flippin' good break IMHO . You've come straight here from the UK and done 16 months on the trot with a daughter that let's you know she is not happy & a husband that has settled just fine. No wonder you are stretched on the rack to the limit. I know you make the best of it all and look for the good stuff but do try and find something for you and as someone else says, something to look forward to or a bit of a plan is always good. Dunno why I am saying that really as my plan is to go to Borneo or Botswana for a month and me other plan is to lose a stone in weight. Fat chance of that.

Shall we have a scheduled monthly moan-in where some of us get 'stuff' off our chests and then we can do the hug and wub thing afterwards
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:35 pm

I didn't mention your cereal tastes, if you read back I mentioned MY Cornflakes
I know ok I was trying to Lighten my mood !!!! I prefer Coco pops ...
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:38 pm

Anyway thanks for the support everyone...Im on the wine now so feeling ok at the moment ....

and just watched a good movie with my favorite hot guy in it always good for the heart and soul
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway thanks for the support everyone...Im on the wine now so feeling ok at the moment ....

and just watched a good movie with my favorite hot guy in it always good for the heart and soul
Glad you're feeling a bit better....
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by luvwelly
Glad you're feeling a bit better....
Aww thanks, I am and i know I live in such a lovely place, I just feel a tad bored somedays, but I do not want to go back to the Uk, im not one of those people who miss the UK, just dont know if New Zealand is for me well Wanganui anyway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.