Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

worst/frightening driving

worst/frightening driving

Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:04 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: worst/frightening driving another statistic

Yet another statistic ..............
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
c_id=1&objectid=1.pdf (30.1 KB, 92 views)
Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:43 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: worst/frightening driving

No doubt that'll be on You Tube in a couple of hours......:curse:
I curse these scroats with a great cursing.

IMHO though the real problem is that dangerous driving is endemic and is tolerated by everyone here - probably part of the Kiwi "test the boundaries" culture in sport/extreme sport/life - which is Ok when its someone else's life but not my kids' / wife / me / mates / family .....
Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:44 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious

After Steve bought himself a large expensive motorbike without mentioning it to me first, I very nearly got SELF1SH for him!
harsh.........

....................but fair...??
Old Mar 21st 2007, 7:48 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Angry Re: worstdriving - DEATH IS WAITING A PROCESS IN NZ

See attached pdf .... news article

I love the bloddy idiots that get these jobs. What is it with them ( the likes of Joe Flanagan) are they all on bonuses to see how much money they don't spend ? Meantime people are getting killed.....

I know a great solution - let's have another meeting.

Asshole
Attached Thumbnails worst/frightening driving-meetings.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Road Deaths.pdf (158.6 KB, 140 views)
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:25 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Saw a weird thing this morning - I was at the queue for some lights heading into Welly this morning and an old lady in a little Kia pulled up behind me.
Next time I galnced in the mirror I saw that in one hand she was holding a full glass mug of tea - she'd just about finished it as we reached the lights!!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Saw a weird thing this morning - I was at the queue for some lights heading into Welly this morning and an old lady in a little Kia pulled up behind me.
Next time I galnced in the mirror I saw that in one hand she was holding a full glass mug of tea - she'd just about finished it as we reached the lights!!
Whaaatt a little old lady ? She is probably in jail by now for drinking n driving

you gotta laugh ...........
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:39 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I did just laugh - saw this on the Moving to Ireland part of the Forum

"Bring plenty of money coz you'll need it , and watch out for the drivers!! curse: " Maybe that's why I feel so at home here?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 5:48 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

For those of us who have driven in both Wellington and Auckland which city/area would you say has the worst standards.I think the Aucklanders are worst but perhaps thats because there are more cars there and boy racers as I noticed even in Queen street there during the daytime,There is a boy racer prob in Wellington but the police seem to be making a better job of tackling it now .
Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:29 am
Banned

Originally Posted by cherry
For those of us who have driven in both Wellington and Auckland which city/area would you say has the worst standards. I think the Aucklanders are worst but perhaps thats because there are more cars there and boy racers as I noticed even in Queen street there during the daytime,There is a boy racer prob in Wellington but the police seem to be making a better job of tackling it now .
We have a pretty serious problem with boy racers in Auckland that is for sure.
My personal opinion is that there is a lack of police presence as there is only two patrol cars available in our area which is a large geographical area so without more policing and stricter road rules I don't know how they are going to tackle this.

Every Fri & Sat night you can hear the hoons going crazy so if I can hear them so can the police and nothing seems to be getting done. One member ( from Hamilton) commented on the same thing so it is not a case that it is difficult to detect the problem areas.

My point here is not to be negative about NZ but rather why do we have an attitude to say let’s wait until something serious happens before we get action.

There clearly is a problem throughout NZ .
Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells
We have a pretty serious problem with boy racers in Auckland that is for sure.
My personal opinion is that there is a lack of police presence as there is only two patrol cars available in our area which is a large geographical area so without more policing and stricter road rules I don't know how they are going to tackle this.

Every Fri & Sat night you can hear the hoons going crazy so if I can hear them so can the police and nothing seems to be getting done. One member ( from Hamilton) commented on the same thing so it is not a case that it is difficult to detect the problem areas.

My point here is not to be negative about NZ but rather why do we have an attitude to say let’s wait until something serious happens before we get action.

There clearly is a problem throughout NZ .

It a HUGE problem in Christchurch. See my other reply on your post about Kiwi pride.