Reload this Page >

Wooden toys like Thomas trains and track

Wooden toys like Thomas trains and track

Old May 2nd 2008, 10:36 am
Just Joined

victoriab is on a distinguished road
Default Wooden toys like Thomas trains and track

Hello,
I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I have been searching the web and this and other forums on how I can ensure that we can bring my children's wooden toys with us if we move to NZ. This is mainly Thomas the Tank Engine trains and track, but also a castle and a pirate ship and nesting dolls etc. I have a horrid feeling that if we tell the boys we can't take the wooden trains with us, they'll tell us they're staying here!

Can we bring the toys at all, or what do we have to do to them to make sure we can? Such as spray them with varnish, clean them with Jeyes fluid?

We were selected from the pool on 26 March, but no more news than that.

Thank you very much for any help from people who had the same problem and overcame it.

Victoria
Old May 2nd 2008, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wooden toys like Thomas trains and track

Originally Posted by victoriab
Hello,
I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I have been searching the web and this and other forums on how I can ensure that we can bring my children's wooden toys with us if we move to NZ. This is mainly Thomas the Tank Engine trains and track, but also a castle and a pirate ship and nesting dolls etc. I have a horrid feeling that if we tell the boys we can't take the wooden trains with us, they'll tell us they're staying here!

Can we bring the toys at all, or what do we have to do to them to make sure we can? Such as spray them with varnish, clean them with Jeyes fluid?

We were selected from the pool on 26 March, but no more news than that.

Thank you very much for any help from people who had the same problem and overcame it.

Victoria
Don't be daft of cause you can bring them no problem... the packers wil just mark them as toys, MAF won't bat an eyelid...
Old May 2nd 2008, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all

hi there, as a mum to a boy with a thomas the tank obsession can help you here!!

we took all his thomas the tanks, the wooden one's, metal ones and tomy electric ones in a suitcase ( he would have freaked if he had to wait for them to be shipped over so we used his baggage allowance on his and his bro's toys!) no body even asked us if we had anything wooden on us?

so hope that helps and my advice is to stock up in the uk cos out here they are well expensive!!

where are you headed perhaps we could meet up and and the boys could talk trains!!
Old May 2nd 2008, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stasia
hi there, as a mum to a boy with a thomas the tank obsession can help you here!!

we took all his thomas the tanks, the wooden one's, metal ones and tomy electric ones in a suitcase ( he would have freaked if he had to wait for them to be shipped over so we used his baggage allowance on his and his bro's toys!) no body even asked us if we had anything wooden on us?

so hope that helps and my advice is to stock up in the uk cos out here they are well expensive!!

where are you headed perhaps we could meet up and and the boys could talk trains!!
Hi - gosh. I'd never even thought of that. My little boy has just had his birthday and got a huge wooden pirate ship and a massive wooden fort too. Glad to hear I can bring them ok.
We're heading Welly way later in the year so maybe we can meet up for some mutual toy appreciation!!
sb