Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

cant stand the waiting.

cant stand the waiting.

Old May 1st 2008, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light
Default cant stand the waiting.

no. not for our visas but the medical results its been 9 days now arrrgghh, once we have them in our hands we can send everything to nz house london,come on mr postman stop messing around and bring me my meds!!!!
( imagine how ill be when waiting for the visas, doesnt bare thinkng about!!)

gina x
Old May 1st 2008, 1:25 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: cant stand the waiting.

Me neither, will Leeds get there 15 points back and gain automatic promotion.
Old May 1st 2008, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Hi Gina,

It's a nightmare waiting for the results isn't it!

We paid to have a courier deliver ours, but they didn't turn up on the day, so I phoned to check everything was ok.

We have got house on the market and have had two viewings so far (only been on for 10 days) I was expecting loads of interest! So I know what you are going through.

Good Luck

Lou
x
Old May 1st 2008, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Bonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant future

We had meds booked but cancelled them as like everyone else, our house isn't selling either. We've had several viewings but mainly from people who have also got their homes up for sale with nothing happening.

We knocked 5k off the asking price last week and had a flurry of viewings but no offers. We're in a nice part of town with very good schools and there are quite a few houses for sale but not very many 'sold' signs going up!

So after trying to get a job offer since this time last year, my OH finally got one and now we can't sell the flipping house. Well have decided to let the house sale make the decision for us now rather than spending any more cash and trying to arrange visa's first. If it sells we'll run around like headless chickens trying to get things organised and pray we get visa's okay and if it doesn't then we'll make the most of what we've got here.
Old May 1st 2008, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Evilbert will become famous soon enoughEvilbert will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bonniewoo
We had meds booked but cancelled them as like everyone else, our house isn't selling either. We've had several viewings but mainly from people who have also got their homes up for sale with nothing happening.

We knocked 5k off the asking price last week and had a flurry of viewings but no offers. We're in a nice part of town with very good schools and there are quite a few houses for sale but not very many 'sold' signs going up!

So after trying to get a job offer since this time last year, my OH finally got one and now we can't sell the flipping house. Well have decided to let the house sale make the decision for us now rather than spending any more cash and trying to arrange visa's first. If it sells we'll run around like headless chickens trying to get things organised and pray we get visa's okay and if it doesn't then we'll make the most of what we've got here.
Whereabouts in Poole are you Bonniewoo? We are also in Poole and have been up for sale for a couple of weeks now, had a few viewings but not much really happening. That said, quite a few round us are still selling and moving so fingers crossed. We are also going to let the house sale dictate are move, its just the waiting thats so hard. Good luck to you i'm sure it will happen.
Old May 1st 2008, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

JasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to all

"will Leeds get there 15 points back and gain automatic promotion."

ANSWER: NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb sup:
Old May 1st 2008, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Bonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Evilbert
Whereabouts in Poole are you Bonniewoo? We are also in Poole and have been up for sale for a couple of weeks now, had a few viewings but not much really happening. That said, quite a few round us are still selling and moving so fingers crossed. We are also going to let the house sale dictate are move, its just the waiting thats so hard. Good luck to you i'm sure it will happen.
We're a stones throw away from town, just down from the stadium and have had the house up for sale since the end of March, we've had several viewings, but only one silly offer. Our estate agent phoned earlier to book three more viewings in for Saturday and one of them is a second, so keeping everything crossed.
The doom & gloom on the news every five minutes doesn't help with the stress levels at the moment. Whereabouts are you? Good luck to you too!
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Evilbert will become famous soon enoughEvilbert will become famous soon enough

We're a stones throw away from town, just down from the stadium and have had the house up for sale since the end of March, we've had several viewings, but only one silly offer. Our estate agent phoned earlier to book three more viewings in for Saturday and one of them is a second, so keeping everything crossed.
The doom & gloom on the news every five minutes doesn't help with the stress levels at the moment. Whereabouts are you? Good luck to you too!
We are on the heath, only had a few viewings, no returnees yet but we have only been on a while. I agree about the doom and gloom, it isn't helping at all, good luck with your viewings today, it only takes that lucky one, as my wonderful estate agent keeps telling me!
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light

hooray!!!!!

all med results were delivered to us this morning, all fine so now we can send off for the visa!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 2nd 2008, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Blimey Bonniewoo, wish that's all I had to drop to get a buyer.
Had to drop £60,000 to get a buyer. Been on the market for over a year, at various prices and like you we're in a good area and very central to shops, schools and beach, but hey it might be different for you.
I wish you all the very best and good luck.
Old May 2nd 2008, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by julesnye
Blimey Bonniewoo, wish that's all I had to drop to get a buyer.
Had to drop £60,000 to get a buyer. Been on the market for over a year, at various prices and like you we're in a good area and very central to shops, schools and beach, but hey it might be different for you.
I wish you all the very best and good luck.
Oh my god a £60k drop, that's huge. You must have a way more expensive house than ours to be able to drop the price so much! If we had to drop that much we'd have virtually no equity left and probably wouldn't be able to afford to move anyway. All the best to you too.
Old May 2nd 2008, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Oh my god a £60k drop, that's huge. You must have a way more expensive house than ours to be able to drop the price so much! If we had to drop that much we'd have virtually no equity left and probably wouldn't be able to afford to move anyway. All the best to you too.
Just bought very cheap and at the right time.
cheers.
Old May 2nd 2008, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

You're not the only ones. We're in St Albans (popular area, close to excellent schools and mainline station) and been on the market since Jan - 15 viewings and counting. We've had lots of interest but people who want to buy can't sell theirs so we're still waiting like most people. We've only dropped £35,000 so far!!!!

We just need the first time buyers to start the chain off - but there don't seem to be any around so it all escalates up to the larger houses.

The only good news is that the market is dropping in NZ to, so hopefully things will even themselves out in the end.