Wooden furniture

Old Jul 31st 2010, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

dave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nice
Default Wooden furniture

Without starting to sound like a worryer (may be too late for that!), whats the situation with shipping wooden furniture over in your container?

I've heard that all wood must be sealed or treated. We have a dining room table & chairs, 3 wooden chests of drawers and a small childs bed that we want to bring over. I'm sure that the base of the bed is just untreated pine - does that mean its a no go?

So much to think of!!
Old Jul 31st 2010, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wooden furniture

Originally Posted by dave77
Without starting to sound like a worryer (may be too late for that!), whats the situation with shipping wooden furniture over in your container?

I've heard that all wood must be sealed or treated. We have a dining room table & chairs, 3 wooden chests of drawers and a small childs bed that we want to bring over. I'm sure that the base of the bed is just untreated pine - does that mean its a no go?

So much to think of!!
As long as it hasn't got pine cones hanging on it you should be OK

We brought all our stuff over no probs (we had an untreated pine blanket chest). Wicker/cane furniture is the fussy stuff.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

All will be fine with indoor furniture, its the outdoor wooden stuff that MAF don't like too much.

We brought everything that we owned plenty of wooden antique furniture some with old wood worm holes in. All went through no problem. We didnt have to seal or treat anything.

We even managed to get a wicker basket through!!!! How I dont know PSS packed everything for us and were good in what we could and couldnt take.

Enjoy the big move x x x
Old Jul 31st 2010, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Location: Manchester-Auckland-Anglesey- soon to be Manchester. yay.
sue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nice

eh Dave your worrying too much
Old Jul 31st 2010, 12:00 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sue1234
eh Dave your worrying too much
Ditto! If it's indoor furniture, it'll be OK
Old Jul 31st 2010, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

dave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nice

Lol! Thanks peeps, I think you're right Sue I'm worrying too much!

I'm sure all will become clear when the packers come to quote
Old Aug 1st 2010, 6:33 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave77
I'm sure all will become clear when the packers come to quote
I seriously doubt it, we got slightly differing stories from each company....
Old Aug 1st 2010, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

mac917 will become famous soon enoughmac917 will become famous soon enough

It wont be a problem, we brought loads of wood, wicker and even some willow sticks that I have in a tall pot. As long as you declare the stuff that may cause a problem you will be ok. We brought all our wooden patio furniture, we didnt treat it just steam cleaned it ( even brought the bbq ?????)

We had a 40 ft container full and they only confiscated some pine cones off a xmas dec.