Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Who's up for a beer in or around Auckland CBD?

Who's up for a beer in or around Auckland CBD?

Old Apr 17th 2011, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Who's up for a beer in or around Auckland CBD?

aw! we missed it
Old Apr 17th 2011, 5:22 am
Just Joined

Scottie Claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Shame, it was a nice night. But we're going out again on Wednesday to Snatch Bar on Ponsonby Road for free stand up comedy, 8.30pm.
Hope to see you then.
Claire.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

craigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant future

Ladies and Gents

With Easter now out of the way, thoughts I'd float another note to see whether we can get some form of casual get together organised either for next weekend or the one after.

I'll leave it as vague as that until we find out who may be about.

Craig
Old Apr 30th 2011, 11:33 am
Just Joined

I'm on a course all this weekend and next but then free if you fancy something in the comedy festival?
Ta Claire.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

drcallycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scottie Claire
I'm on a course all this weekend and next but then free if you fancy something in the comedy festival?
Ta Claire.
Hi - I'm back from our UK visit so would be good to get out. Free next wkend but weekend after we're away in Taupo. x
Old May 2nd 2011, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

chrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by craigjohnstone
Ladies and Gents

With Easter now out of the way, thoughts I'd float another note to see whether we can get some form of casual get together organised either for next weekend or the one after.

I'll leave it as vague as that until we find out who may be about.

Craig
Hi,

We are both from UK in our 30's with no kids.

We moved to Wellington last September from Manchester, and really loved it. Due to work we had to move up to Auckland in March, currently renting in Devonport.

To be honest we are really missing Wellington, everything seemed alot easier than in Auckland.

Anyway, we are always up for a few beers in CBD.
How about this Saturday if anyone is up for it - don't know Auckland that well yet, but may be the Viaduct or around Britomarc?
Old May 2nd 2011, 10:36 am
Just Joined

I loved Wellington too but the weather was a bit too much like Manchester for me so moved to AKL. Very different but better chance if getting a tan :-)

Come along to our improv shows at the Musgrove theatre next week and there'll be drinks after.
Ta Claire.
Old May 3rd 2011, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

The-Icon is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for the late reply! but wanted to say Thanks for Claire for the invite, had a nice time with you all

I've been to Taupo, Wellington, Napier, Otaki, much preferred Auckland however.

but thanks again for lovely, welcoming evening with you all
Old May 3rd 2011, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Was the birthday do fun?
Old May 3rd 2011, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

chrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scottie Claire
I loved Wellington too but the weather was a bit too much like Manchester for me so moved to AKL. Very different but better chance if getting a tan :-)

Come along to our improv shows at the Musgrove theatre next week and there'll be drinks after.
Ta Claire.
Hi, thanks for invite, sounds good. What night is the improv on ?

We were only in Wellington in the Summer, so apart from some wind thought weather was really good, although Auckland does seem a lot hotter!
Old May 3rd 2011, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

It's on at Musgrove theatre on Albert St I think. 11-4th 7-8 Covert threatre and 8.30-9.30pm 12-13th Instant Broadway. I'm the only one with a Scottish accent but I may be in character and be Argentinian or French, or swedish or I sometimes slip into Transalvanian :-)
Old May 3rd 2011, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Ant_and_Karen_Davis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Craig. I've been in Auckland for two weeks - a beer sounds good. I'm here by myself at the moment - Karen will be over here in a few months. I'm currently in CBD. Ant
Old May 21st 2011, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

drcallycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all - any more plans for a get together? No plans now apart from 28th May so bring it on!!!
Old May 25th 2011, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

anewstart is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, just moved to Auckland with my wife (40 & 35 no kids) and will be in Auckland CBD for next few days then onto North Shore for a few weeks. Looking at apartment rentals at moment - either Devonport or Near Waterfront area in Auckland. We're owners of an online travel guide dedicated to New Zealand so business and fun is a fine line!

Anyway, am up for a beer Friday 27 May in Viaduct Harbour area and after that most weekends.

Mike & Desi
Old May 26th 2011, 12:14 am
Just Joined

There's a cool burlesque nigjt on at the Champagne Bar near the Viaduct this Friday, only $20 if you're keen?
Cheers, Claire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.