Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Where do the Brits like to live in Auckland?

Where do the Brits like to live in Auckland?

Old Nov 1st 2023, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do the Brits like to live in Auckland?

Often times when I spot a British accent I usually like to be friendly and ask folks where they are from, especially if they have accents similar to mine or folks that I know and the response is usually something like 'Tauranga', rather than the place you might expect.

There's a lot of deniers out there who don't like to admit or acknowledge their English / British heritage.
Old Nov 1st 2023, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Often times when I spot a British accent I usually like to be friendly and ask folks where they are from, especially if they have accents similar to mine or folks that I know and the response is usually something like 'Tauranga', rather than the place you might expect.

There's a lot of deniers out there who don't like to admit or acknowledge their English / British heritage.
When we were over in 1987 at a camp site in Rotorua we met some lovely NZ ladies.
I said we were from the UK.
Really, they said, but you don't have an accent!
Make of that what you will!
Old Nov 7th 2023, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cyndi2
Wow, really, think that says more about you than the OP. What a way to put a newbie off from posting. You know when we were doing our research on coming here 19 yrs ago, there was this forum (don't think it had it's own NZ forum back then) and another very active Brits to NZ forum, think Bevs was on it too. Questions like "where to live" and "are there any other Brits in this area" were asked all the time and were answered without people assuming they were talking about white people only. It's nice to hear a familiar accent sometimes when you're new and to find out what they liked or disliked about the place.
Ditto, When I read the original poster’s question it did not even enter my head they meant anything racial.