Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Where to buy household goods from?

Where to buy household goods from?

Old Nov 17th 2010, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

donnisons has a spectacular aura aboutdonnisons has a spectacular aura aboutdonnisons has a spectacular aura about
Default Where to buy household goods from?

Can anyone advise where to buy household stuff from. In particular fridge freezer, mattress, garden furniture. We are about to rent a house near Nelson, (I will add an update soon because I've just realised we have now been here for about 6 weeks.)

Is there a retailer online or a comparison website for such things?

Also how do I go about getting telephone/Internet to the property, is there a choice of power suppliers? So many questions, it's weired not knowing all this stuff, but I know someone does so please share your wisdom.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to buy household goods from?

You can buy white goods and electrical stuff anywhere, its not the jungle
out here we do have lots of shops to choose from.
Telephone, same as in the uk choose who you want to go with,
(vodafone,telecom, trustpower, or any of the other providers) and give them a call.
They'll have you sorted in no time.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Just remember that most shops have sales on all the time and in many you can haggle too!
Old Nov 18th 2010, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

donnisons has a spectacular aura aboutdonnisons has a spectacular aura aboutdonnisons has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the information. I was hoping for a little more guidance really. I know it's not the jungle and I know there are lots of shops, which is my point exactly (although I have only found Noel Leeming in Nelson - which others are there?) . Maybe my question should have been which have the best selection at the lowest prices and is it cheaper to buy online and if so from where?

As for the telephone/internet which provider is best/cheapest provider?

Thanks
Old Nov 18th 2010, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

Electrical Bond and Bond, Harvery Norman, Noel Leeming, Farmers, 100%, the Warehouse the list is endless you might want to decide what model you want compare on website then go and haggle, ps do not forget the delivery charge!
Old Nov 18th 2010, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

gunsterpooks is an unknown quantity at this point

We bought fridge-freezer and washing machine from Bond & Bond. We looked at prices online, and then went into the store, and got a really good deal - they knocked quite a bit off the prices.

Definitely haggle!

Kay