Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Auckland experiences for Xmas Presents

Auckland experiences for Xmas Presents

Old Nov 17th 2010, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

craigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant future
Default Auckland experiences for Xmas Presents

Hello

My wife and I are set to arrive in Auckland at the beginning of March next year to live and it's got me thinking about what would be the most appropriate presents to get her this Xmas.

Have thought about buying her some 'Experiences' which can be used in Auckland and which can only help her settle and feel at home quickly.

I've already started looking at the option of buying her an America's Cup Sailing Experience but wondered what other ideas people may have based on personal experiences or what they have heard.

To help give you an idea, my wife is a young at heart 40 yr old who likes her sport, is willing to try almost anything once, likes her crafts and jewellery making and doesn't mind getting her hands dirty. Oh, and she's Canadian by the way which means that anything which involves Diet Coke is a certain winner.

Thanks in advance for any ideas that you have.

Craig
Old Nov 18th 2010, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Kelly33 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Auckland experiences for Xmas Presents

Hello,

How about a bungee jump from the Auckland Sky City? She would be able to view a lot of Auckland City!
Old Nov 18th 2010, 4:20 am
Just Joined

gunsterpooks is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Auckland experiences for Xmas Presents

Hi,

You might want to look at the Grabone website (www.grabone.co.nz) if you haven't already. Loads of different deals for experiences/hotels/restaurants etc and most have a long expiry date. We booked quite a few different ones before we arrived in New Zealand and have been gradually using them.

Can really save some money too!

Hope this helps,

Kay
Old Nov 18th 2010, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked at http://www.redballoon.co.nz/ lots of ideas there
Old Nov 18th 2010, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

craigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Auckland experiences for Xmas Presents

All

Thanks very much for your responses so far.

@ Bo-Jangles - Had a look at the Red Balloon site and that's probably where I will buy the Americas Cup experience from.

@ Kay - Hadn't heard of this one. Sounds like a good shout. Will have a look.

@ Kelly - Easy Tiger. May see that more as a medium term one though it does look really tempting.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

Also try www.aucklandnz.com with 50 must dos in Auckland