Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

When does the spring start in NZ??

When does the spring start in NZ??

Old Feb 4th 2009, 3:49 pm
luckybean

angmargien is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile When does the spring start in NZ??

Hi All

I am awaiting my PR and plan to move over to NZ during the UK summer, but would like to avoid the NZ winter if possible. If I travelled overland through India and SE Asia, then would aim to get to Auckland in August. Can anyone tell me when it starts to warm up in that part of NZ??
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

resurgencegoddess is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: When does the spring start in NZ??

Originally Posted by angmargien
Hi All

I am awaiting my PR and plan to move over to NZ during the UK summer, but would like to avoid the NZ winter if possible. If I travelled overland through India and SE Asia, then would aim to get to Auckland in August. Can anyone tell me when it starts to warm up in that part of NZ??
...best you hang on until mid October, it is like Spring then. August can seem like Spring, but then the bad weather sets in again. October is the real Spring, snows on the mountain tops, spring daffodills etc - hope this helps