Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

WHAT ARE THE THINGS TO PREPARE BEFORE THE MOVE

WHAT ARE THE THINGS TO PREPARE BEFORE THE MOVE

Old Dec 1st 2012, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

moondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to all
Default WHAT ARE THE THINGS TO PREPARE BEFORE THE MOVE

Finally passed the IETLS test so am now in the process of getting my Registration for nursing with the nursing council.

We have quotes for the removal company, the vet bits sorted out for the dog, bank account set up and will look for houses and schools when we have a definate moving date.

Is there anything else of great importance we need to do before moving. Aiming to be over in NZ by Feb.
Old Dec 1st 2012, 8:31 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHAT ARE THE THINGS TO PREPARE BEFORE THE MOVE

dental appointment before you come, going to be cheaper there than here. Smear test as I believe you have to pay over here for it.
We got our medical records from the GP as well, daughter has history of CVS so wanted all the details, I'm classed as having epileptic episodes and asthma so just thought it would be a good idea to have the info to hand.

Royal mail redirection service, we had ours sent to husbands parents and they just copy and stick into Dropbox for us to deal with if needed.

Make sure you get a final reading and photograph the meters on utilities on the day you leave any property. call them with it, enter it on line and needs be email the pictures. Left our property in Dec and still having problems getting a sensible reading to agree on as the new owners never read the meters when then first took over and then switched supplier - nightmare.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute

Great piece of advice I got from these boards was to bring lots of gang plugs with me. I've got my TV, DVD and stereo plugged into a UK board, and only need one adaptor. We've got the same set up in a few rooms.

Before we left, Asda had an offer on adaptors, three for £5 or something similar, so see what you can find.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

moondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to all

Thanks guys some good advice I will sure be looking in to doing over the next few months.
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 12:07 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

You might like to look at this wiki article. It is actually geared for moving to the US but there is plenty of general stuff in it.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/List_o...n_about_Moving

Good luck.