Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What the hell is going on with Coke?

What the hell is going on with Coke?

Old Nov 13th 2013, 10:39 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile What the hell is going on with Coke?

Why have they gone from the aesthetically appealing sleek, clean, futuristic lines of an aluminium can to these nasty stubby, mini bottles that hold a much smaller volume?
Old Nov 13th 2013, 11:55 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What the hell is going on with Coke?

Originally Posted by Charismatic
.....that hold a much smaller volume?
The answer is in the question...
Old Nov 14th 2013, 12:30 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by downunderpom
The answer is in the question...
So they want us to consume less of thier product?
Old Nov 14th 2013, 4:50 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

So they want us to consume less of thier product?
No - they want to charge us the same price for less product.

It's the same with Mars Bars, Wagonwheels, bags of rice, you name it. Shrink the product, leave the price 'as is'.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 5:00 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I think 'C' may realise this. He is being obtuse as always.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 6:22 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Pepsi Max is more my thing actually and that still comes in a nice can, in fact you can get it in a very big can and it really does make you feel very peppy indeed .

Still don't get the coffee thing though, it just doesn't hold a candle to a nice cup of tea.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

The smaller bottle is a reaction to nutritionists and medical professionals who blame the comsumption of drinks of this ilk for a number of various ailments you'll be familiar with.

It turns out that Coca-cola actually make an even higher mark up on their world reknowned brand than they did before with this new smaller volume portion.

In short, don't drink it. Unless supplemented with Rum.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 10:45 pm
I like kittens.

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
In short, don't drink it. Unless supplemented with Rum.
NOW yer talkin'!
Old Nov 14th 2013, 11:36 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
The smaller bottle is a reaction to nutritionists and medical professionals who blame the comsumption of drinks of this ilk for a number of various ailments you'll be familiar with.

That's what they tell you but it's just a convenient excuse to do something that happens to save them money. Same as McD switching from fat to oil - oil is cheaper so if they are getting pressure from health lobbies that's fine by them, and they can claim to be thinking of their customer's welfare at the same time.

Don't like sugar in your pudding? Let's put sweetener in instead. Oh look, it's cheaper than sugar - who knew?
Old Nov 15th 2013, 3:34 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: What the hell is going on with Coke?

You mean Sucrose or HFCS? I don't have any problem with artificial low-cal sweeteners but as a society we have a few problems with calories.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 4:48 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

You mean Sucrose or HFCS? I don't have any problem with artificial low-cal sweeteners but as a society we have a few problems with calories.
That's what the food manufacturers want you to believe. That way they can continue replacing real food with cheaper alternatives and claim to be caring about your health.

Have a read of Gareth Morgan's new book. Here's a blog post to give you a flavour:

http://garethsworld.com/food/got-fooled-fake-food/
Old Nov 15th 2013, 5:00 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Wink Re: What the hell is going on with Coke?

Originally Posted by jmh
That's what the food manufacturers want you to believe.
It's also what the MoH, NHS and FDA would like us to believe!

If only more people embraced the truth, wore tin foil hats and used the healing crystals to cleans themselves of the scientists lies.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 6:26 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

It's also what the MoH, NHS and FDA would like us to believe!

If only more people embraced the truth, wore tin foil hats and used the healing crystals to cleans themselves of the scientists lies.
I use to have faith in the authorities too. I was pretty conservative in my thinking until I started reading the science. It's actually quite interesting.