Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What food etc do you miss from U.K

What food etc do you miss from U.K

Old Feb 12th 2009, 9:58 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What food etc do you miss from U.K

Do miss the huge selection of cheese at the supermarkets back in the UK. Used to love going in and buying a few different types and then just pigging out on cheese
Old Feb 12th 2009, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aalls73
I agree with caroline, we never ate much "muck" as we call it back home, (only if we wanted something quick for the kids)....but i must admit it's nice to see that the supermarkets don't have aisle after aisle of frozen food...
I do miss my Indian takeaway although saying that we haven't had one here yet so can't really compare!!!
we've tried things that we'd of never have had back in the Uk like crayfish (caught by Oh himself) and Mussels just things that you wouldn't think of buying oh and i agree also Caroline that the sausages we get made by the butcher are DELICIOUS!!!!!!!
we had a lovely curray from india today(name of indians on devon street) andrea though only once as i havent really missed them wich is strange as we used to have one once a week . I love the supermarkets here too i certainly dont miss trying to move around asda or the 30 minute queues at the check out,and ive never been one for frozen food either unless maybe i make chilli say and freeze some of it. though i did buy a bag of popcorn chicken for lucy, for the nights i make a curray or something spicy that she cant eat
..still to make it into the kiwi butcher though ,think i will go there tonight
Old Feb 12th 2009, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

I do miss my Indian takeaway although saying that we haven't had one here yet so can't really compare!!!
:

Indian Curry/takeaway........ It's not good for ya, mate.

Why oh why would I want one? It's very VERY Bad here too

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/mar/24/foodanddrink
Old Feb 12th 2009, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Cool Re: What food etc do you miss from U.K

Originally Posted by crap coffee
Indian Curry/takeaway........ It's not good for ya, mate.

Why oh why would I want one? It's very VERY Bad here too

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/mar/24/foodanddrink
So is Alcohol but what the HECK!!! being bad once in a while isn't a naughty thing is it!!!!!
when we came over in June last year we went to Flame on Devon St, new Plymouth but it wasn't a scratch on the one we had back home...

But then again new life also intales new eating habits, less muck and more fresh produce.... HERE HERE i say the Veg from the local farm shop is Terrific....
Old Feb 12th 2009, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

So is Alcohol but what the HECK!!! being bad once in a while isn't a naughty thing is it!!!!!
So is Alcohol but what the HECK!!!

Heck Yeah.

well. yes, Deserve to have fun once in a while (as long as you are not sick with food colourings) As for curry. -- get Gourmet quality Indian curries if possible. Great India Restaurant in Welly is a good one though.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Cool Re: What food etc do you miss from U.K

Originally Posted by crap coffee
So is Alcohol but what the HECK!!!

Heck Yeah.

well. yes, Deserve to have fun once in a while (as long as you are not sick with food colourings) As for curry. -- get Gourmet quality Indian curries if possible. Great India Restaurant in Welly is a good one though.
The reason we moved here was to improve ours and our childrens quality of life, but if i have to give up everything i love i might as well move to a desert island and live in a cave LOL
I don't care what anyone says i ain't giving up Indian's and alcohol so if i had to make a choice it would have to be indian!!!!!
Mind you drinking Alcohol without good friends around you just don't seem the same on your own!!!
I miss going out to the pub dancing the nite away and getting legless...Lol
But i'm sure t won't be long before we know enough people to be able to throw a knee's up.....