Reload this Page >

What food etc do you miss from U.K

What food etc do you miss from U.K

Old Feb 9th 2009, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

littlegreenfrogs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What food etc do you miss from U.K

Hi there,
We are coming back to New Zealand after being back here U.K for 6 months. we want to do our friend a box of English goodies but can't think what to put in it.
Could you please tell us what you miss so we can get some ideas what to put in it.
Cheers!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What food etc do you miss from U.K

so far I dont actually miss anything,i think a more varied food on offer over here. also my OH says he prefers the meals i give him now

miss salon services though lol

caz
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of

Jaffa Cakes
Walkers Crisps
Double Deckers
Toffee Crisp
Yorkie Bars

These are not things I miss in a huge way but if someone was going to bring me back some food the novelty of these items would make me think of home and good times.

I recently returned back from the UK and bought my Kiwi work mates some minstrals (3 huge bags) they went in about 5 minutes and everyone is still talking about how much they love them and when I go back can I bring some more back with me.

Just a few ideas.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

OMG i luurveeeeee minstrals. I guess i miss the chocolate but it means i eat healthier here cos i donthave cupboards full of it lol

so heres my list of chocolate

All galaxy products
creme eggs
thorntons vienesse truffle
double decker

salt n vinegar squares mmmmmmmmmmm
irn bru mmmmmmmm

my friend coming next month must get a list to her lol
Old Feb 9th 2009, 8:08 pm
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future

Jaffa Cakes
Rich T Biscuits
Tetley T bags
Haribos(for the kids, obviously)
Double deckers
Tunnocks T Cakes
Proper toffee pops
Square crisps
Quavers
All walkers crisps
Haggis, (another obvious one) not sure customs will allow it, well damn sure they won't
Birds custard powder
Heinz tomato soup, ravioli etc etc

I could go on but I am making myself hungry.

Can you bring a box for me also, pretty please!!!!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

my friend already got my tetly in her case loli had forgoten about that, omg i love toffee pops to
Old Feb 9th 2009, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of

Haggis, (another obvious one) not sure customs will allow it, well damn sure they won't

Have you tried NZ Haggis? We had a butcher do some up for us and it was great, keep it for special occassions though. We also had a vegetarian Haggis at Christmas in Blairgowrie and there wasn't much difference so recommend it.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 8:25 pm

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bro69

Have you tried NZ Haggis? We had a butcher do some up for us and it was great, keep it for special occassions though. We also had a vegetarian Haggis at Christmas in Blairgowrie and there wasn't much difference so recommend it.
Yes we had it once and never again, full of fat and to much wheat, vegie haggis, well that is just wrong, still to find the right one the best we have had since we came here was from a tin(also so wrong).

We went back to Scotland last August and I had a Haggis supper, now that was real haggis, in a batter, deep fried mmm
Old Feb 9th 2009, 9:23 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theduke
Yes we had it once and never again, full of fat and to much wheat, vegie haggis, well that is just wrong, still to find the right one the best we have had since we came here was from a tin(also so wrong).

We went back to Scotland last August and I had a Haggis supper, now that was real haggis, in a batter, deep fried mmm

Scotia restaurant in Dunedin Railway Station do a very good haggis - imported of course.

http://www.scotiadunedin.co.nz/lunchmenu.php
Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute

In case you didn't know Pak N Save at Sylvia Park introduced a whole English section. It's got loads of the things listed by theduke and it's open till midnight if you get Jaffa Cake cravings like me !!!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Cool Re: What food etc do you miss from U.K

Gravy granules,
Dr Pepper,
Lemon Fanta,
Yorkshire Tea,
Walkers Crisps, Quavers, French fries,
Digestives,
Andrex........
god i could be here all day

Oh in general i miss... Tesco's Asda and Sainsburys.......

There is a little card/lotto shop in New Plymouth high street that has a little aisle of English stuff!!!!!
But cripes it's Expensive.... ($14 for 40 yorkshire t-bags) it's cheaper to fly them over yourself. lol...
Old Feb 10th 2009, 2:37 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

I missed rowies until December when I found a baker in Auckland who makes them and sends them up to me!!! Honestly my life was complete!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aalls73
Gravy granules,
Dr Pepper,
Lemon Fanta,
Yorkshire Tea,
Walkers Crisps, Quavers, French fries,
Digestives,
Andrex........
god i could be here all day

Oh in general i miss... Tesco's Asda and Sainsburys.......

There is a little card/lotto shop in New Plymouth high street that has a little aisle of English stuff!!!!!
But cripes it's Expensive.... ($14 for 40 yorkshire t-bags) it's cheaper to fly them over yourself. lol...

where on devon street is it, or what shop is it next to, i may go nosy tomorrow
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light

I miss being able to get really nice ready made sandwiches from M and S and Pret a Manger for lunch. Especially prawn sandwiches! You never see a prawn sandwich in NZ.....unless someone knows better!!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by sarahw
In case you didn't know Pak N Save at Sylvia Park introduced a whole English section. It's got loads of the things listed by theduke and it's open till midnight if you get Jaffa Cake cravings like me !!!
Oh you as well, might bang into you one night snooping around the isles, with a chocolate face

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.