Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What to expect upon arrival.

What to expect upon arrival.

Old Mar 21st 2019, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Bobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond repute
Default What to expect upon arrival.

I'm probably overthinking this one, but as I'll be applying for the families visas soon I thought I'd look into it in a bit more depth.

For info, I'll be applying for a Talent (accredited employer) work visa, my wife a Partner of Worker work visa, I'll have 2 kids on dependent child student visas and 2 on Child of Worker visas (as they are not school age).

On the talent visa, it says that I have to earn a minimum of $55,000, which I do. My starting salary will be just over $56,000.

On the Dependant child student visa, it says I need a minimum income of $42,944.20, which I'll meet, but then says that I may need to provide evidence that I can financially support the children.

Now, on arrival, will all the above get checked, or is it checked as part of the visa application? If it does get checked, will the proof of job offer suffice as evidence?

We won't have any savings as they are being used to fund the move. However, as I'm leaving the military, I will have 4 months wages still being paid while I'm on my 'terminal leave', as well as my NZ salary. As on Jan 2020 I will also be in receipt of my forces pension, this will amount to a gratuity payment of just over $100,000 (exchange rate dependant) and an annual pension of approx $12,000. Can I include this in any evidence I may need to provide?

Or am I overthinking things? Will I get to passport control, they see my visa, say welcome and through I go (similar to all the times I've visited)?

The other point that I am possibly overthinking, Onwards Travel, I take it as I'll be on a 30 month work permit I'll only have to show that I'll be able to afford flights back to the UK if needed, i.e actual money or credit card etc?

Any other info about arriving would also be appreciated, only info I could find related to visiting on holiday.

Thanks.
Old Mar 22nd 2019, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to expect upon arrival.

I dont think you'l need to show anything related to flights out of NZ or funds to prove you can afford them.
I'm guessing all financial requirements of your visa will be investigated before it is approved,
Old Mar 22nd 2019, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Bobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Col. Another friend in NZ has said the same. As always, I'm over thinking things and creating issues that aren't there.
Old Mar 22nd 2019, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry, It gets you like that as the time to move gets closer
Old Mar 23rd 2019, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, way over-thinking things. INZ work all that stuff out as part of the visa processing. Turn up at border control in NZ and Immigration will see the visas and let you through no questions asked. Immigration at the border will only intervene if there's suspicions of the wrong visa for the purpose of visit or a potential breach in conditions or something non-legit etc.
Old Mar 23rd 2019, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with everyone above, just relax and enjoy the ride