Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What an embarrassment this man is....

What an embarrassment this man is....

Old Sep 10th 2016, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What an embarrassment this man is....

Originally Posted by Justcol
You've had two opportunities to vote him out already !!

He made a decision to better himself and support his single parent mother after watching her struggle to pay off debts that were left to her by his father. Lived in a caravan for a while, then a state house,left alone at night while his mum went to work. A hard life doesn't always involve doing low paid work.

Decided as a kid that he would a) make a million dollars and b) become prime minister. walked away from a chance at potentially one of the biggest jobs in the world, Global CEO of Merrill Lynch.

Under his leadership two global recessions practically pass by NZ without causing a ripple or any major job losses, NZ economy rates as one of the most stable in the world. Despite all the protests, no one is drilling for oil or digging up DOC land, he wasn't responsible for the Rena disaster or the Christchurch earthquake, although the way people whinge about it you'd think both events were all his fault

Vote for Andrew Little if you think he can do better, its a democracy after all, but don't start bleating on about how crap he is a year or two down the line when the greens and the racist NZ first and Mana party are calling all the shots

I was going to respond in kind but managed to restrain myself (hard to believe I know)
Old Sep 10th 2016, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kotare

I was going to respond in kind but managed to restrain myself (hard to believe I know)
OK, so that's two votes for JK then
Old Sep 10th 2016, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

You've had two opportunities to vote him out already !!

He made a decision to better himself and support his single parent mother after watching her struggle to pay off debts that were left to her by his father. Lived in a caravan for a while, then a state house,left alone at night while his mum went to work. A hard life doesn't always involve doing low paid work.

Decided as a kid that he would a) make a million dollars and b) become prime minister. walked away from a chance at potentially one of the biggest jobs in the world, Global CEO of Merrill Lynch.

Under his leadership two global recessions practically pass by NZ without causing a ripple or any major job losses, NZ economy rates as one of the most stable in the world. Despite all the protests, no one is drilling for oil or digging up DOC land, he wasn't responsible for the Rena disaster or the Christchurch earthquake, although the way people whinge about it you'd think both events were all his fault

Vote for Andrew Little if you think he can do better, its a democracy after all, but don't start bleating on about how crap he is a year or two down the line when the greens and the racist NZ first and Mana party are calling all the shots
Deary me, talking politics always gets people bristling doesn't it, I don't really care what he did as he grew up, I just care about what is happening to the country now so yep I'll be voting against the national party once again come the next election.
Old Sep 10th 2016, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

But this is why I find his attitude so unconscionable.
He has no sympathy for the poor and only greases-up to the wealthy class.

What gets my goat: wants to get rid of state housing that he himself benefited from!
Old Sep 10th 2016, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoCarb
Got it in one. Roll on TPP.
Is that definitely happening????

I'm sure Mr Trump and Mrs Clinton have promised to veto it. Like the TTIP deal, I read congress are delaying signing it off because of it.
Old Sep 20th 2016, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Had to post this.
JK to a tee....

"The reality is that you don’t have to be smart to make a lot of money. All you need is greed. And that can’t be taught in business schools. In fact, when I went to work as a balance-of-payments analyst at Chase Manhattan in 1964, I was told that the best currency traders came from the Brooklyn or Hong Kong slums. Their entire life was devoted to making money, to rise into the class of the proverbial Babbitts of our time: nouveau riches lacking in real culture or intellectual curiosity."

Celebrating the One Percent: Is Inequality Really Good for the Economy? | Michael Hudson