Reload this Page >

What do people drive!!!

What do people drive!!!

Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:23 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What do people drive!!!

Originally Posted by karonious
Apparently Fords here ARE made in Japan And silver isn't a kick in the arse off of grey anyway So technically.............
Fords made in Japan ,
Well I am Educated now on that one I thought they were made in OZ as most Fords here are .There was a Ford plant here in Welly once you know .Also a general Motors assembly plant in Upper Hutt(Holden) and years ago Rootes group and BMC cars were made here in Petone ,History here is great shame it had to expire like some of the car makers in the UK did .There was a thriving industry here once and also a trye manufacturing plant in Upper Hutt till recently .Sad really that we have to rely on imports but thats life .
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:26 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nisey
My OH is driving me batty............One of the recruiters in Auckland told me that no-one pays attention to what you drive, which is great.
............He's always had 'nice' cars cos he's really into driving (being a girl of course I'm only interested in the colour ). He says its not just the European brands its everything...............So tell me like it is, or is he right thinking we'll just be able to afford a tin can on wheels.
he he another potential ex-Pat in for a shock.....
Round these parts most people dont pay attention when driving, never mind worrying about what vehicle they are about to collide with!!
Most of us drive Jap-Cr@p, perhaps beat up sheds - like my Lego-wagon complete with two door pile up that the last guy who drove it failed to get fixed (due in at panel-o's soon!!); souped-up hoon-mobiles; big 4x4s - the architypal blonde-JAFA-sunglass haww in the Surf-HiLux nudge bar-truckie; cool-ish Youtz, that's pick-up trucks with a V8 and a tailgating problem; annonymous looking Civics/Corollas on the "new to NZ" lot; or really boring box-o's like the missus's Mazda Demio - a tiny car that thinks its a, erm..... tiny bus (on the drive/handing front that is)!!!!
And dont get me started on the driving............
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Cars are a sore subject for me at the moment. On friday my 3 year old son got hold of one of daddys screwdrivers and decided to practise his artwork on the side of my car..... I got one quote so far to repair it..... $800 to just over $1000!! I was not amused! DS got told off and hopefully wont do it again!! grrrr!!!!
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:28 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
Cars are a sore subject for me at the moment. On friday my 3 year old son got hold of one of daddys screwdrivers and decided to practise his artwork on the side of my car..... I got one quote so far to repair it..... $800 to just over $1000!! I was not amused! DS got told off and hopefully wont do it again!! grrrr!!!!
oh bugger - sorry about that Sarah - will keep my frivilous comments to meself........
Another of us due at the great temple of the panel-beater eh?
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
oh bugger - sorry about that Sarah - will keep my frivilous comments to meself........
Another of us due at the great temple of the panel-beater eh?
I'm ok about it now but I was sooooooooooo pissed off!! I thought he should know better but at his age I suppose he wouldnt. I'm just glad now that hes ok and he didnt hurt himself with it. Daddy got told off too for leaving it where DS could pick it up. I dont know yet if Im gonna try claiming on the insurance or just pay for the respray.

...and its a 4x4 but only a teeny weeny one.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:33 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherry
Fords made in Japan ,
Well I am Educated now on that one I thought they were made in OZ as most Fords here are .There was a Ford plant here in Welly once you know .Also a general Motors assembly plant in Upper Hutt(Holden) and years ago Rootes group and BMC cars were made here in Petone ,History here is great shame it had to expire like some of the car makers in the UK did .There was a thriving industry here once and also a trye manufacturing plant in Upper Hutt till recently .Sad really that we have to rely on imports but thats life .
I just know that is what the salesman at the car-yard told us. Could well be wrong, just quoting him
Don't let it ruin a good post though!
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:33 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Avid
Japan dumps all it's unwanted cars here. Everybody knows that one.

But this is a car lovers country, I'll say that.
This has always been a big engine car lovers country and b4 jap cars a lot of Yank cars were the in thing.G.Motors have done well here in the past and when you do see a well preserved huge car at a show it is more likely to be a yank GM or an OZZIE Holden from the 60`s.They used to like the old Vauxhalls here also and the Ford Zephyr`s and Zodiacs .Being a(LOWLY DIESEL ) mechanic as you know Avid I may know a little about these cars mechanically .
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:34 am
you dewty owld maan!

The joys of parenthood, eh?
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

The joys of parenthood, eh?
Yes my mum laughed her head off when I told her what happened. I expect it the first of many things that will get wrecked by the little people.

We drive a mondeo and a Honda CRV with some kiddies artwork along the side of it.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:40 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by SarahB
Yes my mum laughed her head off when I told her what happened. I expect it the first of many things that will get wrecked by the little people.

We drive a mondeo and a Honda CRV with some kiddies artwork along the side of it.
Yeah, CRV = pseudo-4x4, my Legacy is probably more of a Chelsea Tractor, although I do need it as I have to got to lots of out of the way places and carry lots of gear....pity I haven't been able to take the family anywhere for the past month as the passenger door is U-S......
Still got a $1700 excess to come back on our hire car which a geriatric Kiwi drove into on a car park....so ruddy adults can be as bad and they should know better.....
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:42 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherry
This has always been a big engine car lovers country and b4 jap cars a lot of Yank cars were the in thing.G.Motors have done well here in the past and when you do see a well preserved huge car at a show it is more likely to be a yank GM or an OZZIE Holden from the 60`s.They used to like the old Vauxhalls here also and the Ford Zephyr`s and Zodiacs .Being a(LOWLY DIESEL ) mechanic as you know Avid I may know a little about these cars mechanically .

Fair enough! You do see a lot of interesting old cars out here. Saw a lovely Dodge Charger in Wellington today.

(who said 'lowly'?????)
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah, CRV = pseudo-4x4, my Legacy is probably more of a Chelsea Tractor, although I do need it as I have to got to lots of out of the way places and carry lots of gear....pity I haven't been able to take the family anywhere for the past month as the passenger door is U-S......
Still got a $1700 excess to come back on our hire car which a geriatric Kiwi drove into on a car park....so ruddy adults can be as bad and they should know better.....
I never wanted a huge 4x4 but the CRV is nice. It should pull my horse in a trailor ok. Its an ex fleet car and I got it for trade price last year from OH's company....and yes its been off-roading.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:47 am
It Was Here This Morning

Want2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really nice

So can you get decent cars like BMW, AUDI, RANGE/LAND ROVER ETC.
Or are they megabucks can anyone give me some prices please.

Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:50 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Want2goNow
Or are they megabucks can anyone give me some prices please.

If it's a short distance (under 10km) just use a flying sheep.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:50 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Want2goNow
Or are they megabucks can anyone give me some prices please.....
mmm....these cars may not be too expensive to buy but running a euro-car is reportedly rather more expensive.
check out the autotrader over here - here's a linky
http://www.autotrader.co.nz/
Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.