Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What do people drive!!!

What do people drive!!!

Old Apr 29th 2007, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Nisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant future
Default What do people drive!!!

My OH is driving me batty..........

He keeps comparing prices of cars with those over here, and we thought the UK was expensive.

One of my main reasons for wanting to emigrate is to get away from the Mother mafia, 4x4 driving, its all about what you've got and where your going on holiday crap.

One of the recruiters in Auckland told me that no-one pays attention to what you drive, which is great.

My OH though has been looking at cars and is depressed that given the lower wages cars seem more expensive and financing seems expensive too. He's always had 'nice' cars cos he's really into driving (being a girl of course I'm only interested in the colour ). He says its not just the European brands its everything.

So tell me like it is, or is he right thinking we'll just be able to afford a tin can on wheels.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What do people drive!!!

Originally Posted by Nisey
My OH is driving me batty..........

He keeps comparing prices of cars with those over here, and we thought the UK was expensive.

One of my main reasons for wanting to emigrate is to get away from the Mother mafia, 4x4 driving, its all about what you've got and where your going on holiday crap.

One of the recruiters in Auckland told me that no-one pays attention to what you drive, which is great.

My OH though has been looking at cars and is depressed that given the lower wages cars seem more expensive and financing seems expensive too. He's always had 'nice' cars cos he's really into driving (being a girl of course I'm only interested in the colour ). He says its not just the European brands its everything.

So tell me like it is, or is he right thinking we'll just be able to afford a tin can on wheels.
You still get the same up your arse drivers in 4x4's but the biggest manace are wankers in shitty cars with extra loud exhausts that drive around all fri and sat, beware it is not confined to the young scroats.
Cheers
Old Apr 29th 2007, 9:51 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

erm a big toyota 4x4 but then I have a mid life crisis excuse that I really need a land cruiser type lifestyle with a get out of my effin way attitude and sod save the earth I am bigger than you ,plus its cheaper than the UK .I am adapting the KIWI attitude as far as driving becomes .IS that a PROB,BRO` AVID look out in yer puny motor you may get run over ,that is if you have a motor or rely or urban transport .Await sentence from posters
Old Apr 29th 2007, 9:54 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherry
erm a big toyota 4x4 but then I have a mid life crisis excuse that I really need a land cruiser type lifestyle with a get out of my effin way attitude and sod save the earth I am bigger than you ,plus its cheaper than the UK .I am adapting the KIWI attitude as far as driving becomes .IS that a PROB,BRO` AVID look out in yer puny motor you may get run over ,that is if you have a motor or rely or urban transport .Await sentence from posters
tsk tsk.......
I drive a silver car.
I have no idea what is is as I have only had it 7 months....
Old Apr 29th 2007, 9:55 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what your budget is, but if you want to blend in and be like the locals you should be thinking about getting an old Japanese car and 'pimping it up' (does Tim Westwood voice and waves arms about) so dat itz got da mad skillz to pay da billz, etc. Here's an example.....but imagine something a bit more like a Toyota Vitz on a budget of 50 quid....
Attached Thumbnails What do people drive!!!-sn_1106_cars_087.jpg  

Last edited by Avid; Apr 29th 2007 at 9:58 am.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
tsk tsk.......
I drive a silver car.
I have no idea what is is as I have only had it 7 months....
we have a red honda jazz......very economical
& a grey honda accord euro wagon
Old Apr 29th 2007, 9:56 am
Account Closed

It could be a LADA then Karonious for all you know ?
Old Apr 29th 2007, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

I drive a Honda Odessy. It is a 1995 or 6 I think and I paid just over 6,000 for it. I thought that was quite a bit of money for such an old car. It had 82,000 km on it. I do find cars expensive. Finance is very expensive here too. Since interest rates are so high, better to have money than debt. I say that having decided to build a house, but we have to live somewhere. Don't worry about what you drive. It shouldn't matter. Besides, flash cars usually means no savings.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 9:57 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

oh...and make sure the exhaust looks like those guns outside the Imperial War Museum....
Old Apr 29th 2007, 9:59 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

It could be a LADA then Karonious for all you know ?
To be precise, it is a Ford Laser, 2 years old
(rushes back from asking StevieB )
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by poppets
we have a red honda jazz......very economical
& a grey honda accord euro wagon

excellent choices on both cars ,one to drive the other to carry the booze
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

excellent choices on both cars ,one to drive the other to carry the booze
yes so guess which one is mine , yep the wagon cos its got more room for the booze
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:08 am
Account Closed

To be precise, it is a Ford Laser, 2 years old
(rushes back from asking StevieB )

you mean you never bought a Jap grey import ,shame on you for that an Aussie car ,you should be ashamed ,does it have a drainpipe exhaust?,JK
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:10 am
conquering the world!

you mean you never bought a Jap grey import ,shame on you for that an Aussie car ,you should be ashamed ,does it have a drainpipe exhaust?,JK
Apparently Fords here ARE made in Japan And silver isn't a kick in the arse off of grey anyway So technically.............
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:14 am

Apparently Fords here ARE made in Japan And silver isn't a kick in the arse off of grey anyway So technically.............
Japan dumps all it's unwanted cars here. Everybody knows that one.

But this is a car lovers country, I'll say that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.