Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What did you wish you had while you waited fro your container...

What did you wish you had while you waited fro your container...

Old Nov 11th 2009, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future
Default Re: What did you wish you had while you waited fro your container...

Originally Posted by BEVS
Who is it?

I also thought you couldn't do this with a car, although I do know of a family that did this with a caravan.
Hi Bevs its RJJ - Viv put me onto them (from the thread about sending cars over). have driven hubby mad with asking him to check and recheck we really can do this - and apparently we can!
Old Nov 11th 2009, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
We are going with singapore airlines via singapore (obviously ) We have an email that says if we book a one way flight and have the stickers in our passports which havent been stamped (so they know this is the fist flight over i guess) then they will up our allowance to 40kg each!! which with 2 adults and 2 children will be more than we can actually carry.
time will tell if they honour this, but its what we have so far.
Might be worth checking them out eh.

Also - Crown have just taken our stuff and at the moment are quoting it should be there around mid january

Oh how i long for my microwave - i have to think about what im getting from the supermarket just in case!!

Oh well - the scarifice will be worth it, i hope xx
Hi there Psych - I've missed you too!

both dh and I have jobs now and we fly out on the 12th Jan - just behind you. We're also flying with Singapore - on the A380 for the flight to Singapore. Are you on this one for any leg of your flight - we had it with Emirates in the summer and flying economy was like flying business class!
Old Nov 11th 2009, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
lardly, hope you dont mind me asking, but how much did you pay for the furnished rental and was they hard to find? I know we are goin to a diff area, but it may give us some idea of what we are looking at, we are going to go into a motel for the first week or 2 at a push but would like to find somewhere asap.

Tina. x
We're also toying with the idea of a motel or short term rental - not too sure which we will go with yet.

Congrats on the BMI btw! Have you decided on a date to fly out yet?
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cadibel
Hi there Psych - I've missed you too!

both dh and I have jobs now and we fly out on the 12th Jan - just behind you. We're also flying with Singapore - on the A380 for the flight to Singapore. Are you on this one for any leg of your flight - we had it with Emirates in the summer and flying economy was like flying business class!
Hey Cali how ya doin?

Well done on the jobs, so did you get everything else in place then? Like i said been offline for a good while!!
Yes we have the A380 HTR to Singapore - the kids are so excited. When the hubby went over on his own early in the year he went on it and took great pleasure in winding the kids up that he was going to go on it first. He thought it was brilliant and made a point of making sure we were on it - shame we cant get all the way!!

We have had confirmation from our container shippers that the container should in Auckland by January 11th that would be great if it is - we have a short term rental for 3 weeks when we land (fully furnished) so hopefully by the time we have a more permanent solution sorted we will be able to have all the stuff delivered straight away - although i cant imagine it will all go that smoothly can you!!!!!

Work calling
Psycho x
Old Nov 12th 2009, 9:22 am
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Cali how ya doin?

Well done on the jobs, so did you get everything else in place then? Like i said been offline for a good while!!
Yes we have the A380 HTR to Singapore - the kids are so excited. When the hubby went over on his own early in the year he went on it and took great pleasure in winding the kids up that he was going to go on it first. He thought it was brilliant and made a point of making sure we were on it - shame we cant get all the way!!

We have had confirmation from our container shippers that the container should in Auckland by January 11th that would be great if it is - we have a short term rental for 3 weeks when we land (fully furnished) so hopefully by the time we have a more permanent solution sorted we will be able to have all the stuff delivered straight away - although i cant imagine it will all go that smoothly can you!!!!!

Work calling
Psycho x
cali, we are hoping to fly out the week of the 18th Jan,

psych how did you arrange your short term rental? Thinking of trying to get the same thing, motels are sooooo expensive!!!

Tina, x
Old Nov 12th 2009, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
cali, we are hoping to fly out the week of the 18th Jan,

psych how did you arrange your short term rental? Thinking of trying to get the same thing, motels are sooooo expensive!!!

Tina, x
Via the tinternet.

I think he found it via holiday rentals and mentioned that we were looking for 3 weeks and possibly longer.
They did us a deal which left us paying $110 per night - steep enough i reckon. glad it wont be for long and glad we didnt have to pay full whack.

It does seem to be disproportionally expensive - anyone would think you were renting in the UK !!!!

So are your flights booked then ? wow

any word about the BMI theyve had a couple of days to mull it over.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 10:30 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Via the tinternet.

I think he found it via holiday rentals and mentioned that we were looking for 3 weeks and possibly longer.
They did us a deal which left us paying $110 per night - steep enough i reckon. glad it wont be for long and glad we didnt have to pay full whack.

It does seem to be disproportionally expensive - anyone would think you were renting in the UK !!!!

So are your flights booked then ? wow

any word about the BMI theyve had a couple of days to mull it over.
Na,
wont dare book anything yet, cannot temp fate, lol. Too much to loose if it does not work out for some reason. thats more like it on the hoilday let, any help you can offer of who to asky by any chance? dont want much do i???? lol. No news yet, rang c/o yesterday to check she had sent it and only to be told ut was still on her desk!!!!!!!!! Lucky i rang eh? she said she would send it yesterday.

Tina . xx

Last edited by willand tina_h; Nov 13th 2009 at 10:31 pm. Reason: added info