what did you do today?

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Dave in Auckland will become famous soon enough
Default Re: what did you do today?

Hello Nursie,

Well...

I could rain on your parade, but I won't. Actually I do miss Glasgow like mad
and no not a weegie, family's from the Far North originally.

As for neds, well every town has areas you wouldn't want to venture into. If you're heading for Auckland you'll probably want to steer clear of South Auckland.

Come with your eyes open & you should be ok, but NZ is most definitely not the promised land, it's expensive and limited in choice.

Dave
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:36 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dave in Auckland

Come with your eyes open & you should be ok, but NZ is most definitely not the promised land, it's expensive and limited in choice.

Dave
And and and it's...oh I'm almost burtsing here, but I'll keep schtum.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:32 pm
AKA New Nurse

nearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dave in Auckland
Hello Nursie,

Well...

I could rain on your parade, but I won't. Actually I do miss Glasgow like mad
and no not a weegie, family's from the Far North originally.

As for neds, well every town has areas you wouldn't want to venture into. If you're heading for Auckland you'll probably want to steer clear of South Auckland.

Dave
Hey Dave thanks for goin easy on me

Glasgows OK, actually I secretly quite like it , Its just the mindset of the majority of people that gets me down. As for NZ not being the promised land.....hmmm, compaired to what im used to, eh, it is!! iv spent quite a bit of time there and got familly there so said eyes are defo open (kinda like this ). After all the training iv done, not having a choice and much to think about might be quite nice

claire
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by nearly nurse
Hey Dave thanks for goin easy on me

Glasgows OK, actually I secretly quite like it , Its just the mindset of the majority of people that gets me down. As for NZ not being the promised land.....hmmm, compaired to what im used to, eh, it is!! iv spent quite a bit of time there and got familly there so said eyes are defo open (kinda like this ). After all the training iv done, not having a choice and much to think about might be quite nice

claire
What's the mindset of the majority of Glaswegians?
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:46 pm
AKA New Nurse

nearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mazi
What's the mindset of the majority of Glaswegians?
Are you a weegie before I continue
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:48 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Nah. She's just as mad as a box of fish
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Nah. She's just as mad as a box of fish
Quite possibly true, but, Mr. Lad, how do you know I'm not Glaswegian?
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:54 pm
Account Closed

No. Continue...
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Back to the thread theme

Not what I did today but more last night

We went up to the top of Mt Eden Domain and waited for the sun to set to be able to see the comet that is currently around (cant remember its name) but the view over Auckland was fabulous last night and the colour of the sky in parts was great, and when the comet was visible, it was wonderful

Dawn
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 7:18 pm
AKA New Nurse

No. Continue...
Weegies are said to be some of the friendliest folk in Scotland! There are however, like dave in Auckland says, people of a certain mentality everywhere, and glasgow is not an exception. But hey, lets focus on the positive side of life.

What did you do today?
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 7:21 pm
AKA New Nurse

Originally Posted by kwprwn
Back to the thread theme

Not what I did today but more last night

We went up to the top of Mt Eden Domain and waited for the sun to set to be able to see the comet that is currently around (cant remember its name) but the view over Auckland was fabulous last night and the colour of the sky in parts was great, and when the comet was visible, it was wonderful

Dawn
Aw, that sounds romantic

was it?

claire
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 7:34 pm
Account Closed

Weegies are said to be some of the friendliest folk in Scotland! There are however, like dave in Auckland says, people of a certain mentality everywhere, and glasgow is not an exception. But hey, lets focus on the positive side of life.

What did you do today?
I laughed at ex pats a bit this morning (this site, not random ex pat people in the street); blew my nose a lot as I have a cold; went into a school I work in on occasion to see if I would be surprised by my student turning up - I was not surprised; laughed at ex pats over lunch (lunchTIME not actual lunch as I didn't have any); glared at the gas bill a lot; talked to my cat; thought about doing some proofreading; changed my mind as I feel ill; did some washing; got the courage to have an entire telephone conversation in Italian to the hairdresser's and then had said conversation and booked appointment for tomorrow; laughed at ex pats; chatted to Boyfriend when he came home from work; ironed some pillow cases; laughed at ex pats; made some dinner (pasta) and ate it; laughed at ex pats; called my dad to see how my nan is today (in hospital - not good) and to arrange when I'll be seeing him over the weekend; looked at ex pats but didn't laugh; received a phone call from my stepmum who said my dad is one over the eight and didn't relay the message about the weekend properly; and replied to you.

It has been a particularly interesting day I might say.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 7:41 pm
AKA New Nurse

I laughed at ex pats a bit this morning (this site, not random ex pat people in the street); blew my nose a lot as I have a cold; went into a school I work in on occasion to see if I would be surprised by my student turning up - I was not surprised; laughed at ex pats over lunch (lunchTIME not actual lunch as I didn't have any); glared at the gas bill a lot; talked to my cat; thought about doing some proofreading; changed my mind as I feel ill; did some washing; got the courage to have an entire telephone conversation in Italian to the hairdresser's and then had said conversation and booked appointment for tomorrow; laughed at ex pats; chatted to Boyfriend when he came home from work; ironed some pillow cases; laughed at ex pats; made some dinner (pasta) and ate it; laughed at ex pats; called my dad to see how my nan is today (in hospital - not good) and to arrange when I'll be seeing him over the weekend; looked at ex pats but didn't laugh; received a phone call from my stepmum who said my dad is one over the eight and didn't relay the message about the weekend properly; and replied to you.

It has been a particularly interesting day I might say.
That sounds like quite a busy day.

Thankyou for your reply

claire
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 7:44 pm
Account Closed

That sounds like quite a busy day.

Thankyou for your reply

claire
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 7:49 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dave in Auckland -

Last night we saw the comet for the first time - it is spectacular!

Today ( my parents are still here) we're going to the hole in the rock on a fullers trip. I'm at the stage of needing valium or something! It's been a looong visit!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.