Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

what did you do today?

what did you do today?

Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:44 pm
AKA New Nurse

nearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant future
Question what did you do today?

hi anyone who will listen/read

Im a fairly junior BE member and at the moment im having to use evey ounce of energy I have to keep the dream alive . My partner and myself plan to move over there asap when im finished uni.

Im a student nurse (hence my new name ) studying for a very boring research exam I have on thursday . I thought if all you lucky things over there in paradise could tell me what interesting kiwi inspired things you have been up to, my enthusiasm for my future life will prevaile and i wont lose the will to live!! :scared:

thanks in advance
claire
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: what did you do today?

Originally Posted by nearly nurse
hi anyone who will listen/read

Im a fairly junior BE member and at the moment im having to use evey ounce of energy I have to keep the dream alive . My partner and myself plan to move over there asap when im finished uni.

Im a student nurse (hence my new name ) studying for a very boring research exam I have on thursday . I thought if all you lucky things over there in paradise could tell me what interesting kiwi inspired things you have been up to, my enthusiasm for my future life will prevaile and i wont lose the will to live!! :scared:

thanks in advance
claire
Jumping of the Sky Tower in auckland:scared:

welcome by the way

Dawn

Last edited by kwprwn; Jan 16th 2007 at 6:51 pm. Reason: forgot to say Hi
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:58 pm
AKA New Nurse

nearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant future

:scared: oh your brave !!!:scared:

we saw someone do that when we were at the top a few years ago, and i must be honest and say....... well......... eh, I think i'd be doing my own washing that day, if you know what i mean!!

thanks for welcome btw
Old Jan 16th 2007, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

:scared: oh your brave !!!:scared:

we saw someone do that when we were at the top a few years ago, and i must be honest and say....... well......... eh, I think i'd be doing my own washing that day, if you know what i mean!!

thanks for welcome btw
no worries

we dont bite honest! am sure there will be more bods around shortly to say hi

I keep jumping in and out as at work at the moment, so am skiving currently
Old Jan 16th 2007, 8:14 pm
AKA New Nurse

Lol,
wots the point in living in nz if you cant live a chilled out lifestyle, complete with built-in skiving of work time .

BTW just to make you feel even more pleased with your decision to move there, its bloody freezing here in scotland! Winters been late in arriving this year but im feeling the effects tonight, my toes are numb!!! Brrrrrr!

happy skiving
Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lol,
wots the point in living in nz if you cant live a chilled out lifestyle, complete with built-in skiving of work time .

BTW just to make you feel even more pleased with your decision to move there, its bloody freezing here in scotland! Winters been late in arriving this year but im feeling the effects tonight, my toes are numb!!! Brrrrrr!

happy skiving
well summer here has been a bit strange so people tell me (first one for me here) it cant seem to make up its mind what it wants to do, but its still warm even when it rains, but as I left the uk in winter and arrived almost as winter struck here, it is nice to be warm

i hate having cold feet
Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Hi Claire, welcome aboard!
Well, it's only morning here and so far I have had a coffee and read emails from my family in UK, done a minimal amount of work (I dont really get going until at least midday!) and now I'm on here to see whats been going on since i was here last Thursday.
So I'll tell you about my day on Sunday.
Went for a drive with hubby and 2yr old daughter. We live just north of Auckland and love going out for drives, still exploring the area after 4 years.
We headed west and drove for about 30 minutes then stopped at a scenic reserve, parked up and wondered off into the woods. There were 3 other cars parked but we didn't see another soul whilst on our walk. We came across a small waterfall and stopped there for a while. It was a baking hot day but under cover of the trees it was perfect. Daughter spent ages picking up stones and throwing them in the water, and eventually when she had time to get her bearings she went in for a paddle! I knew she would, it was just a matter of time. I went in with her, the water was crystal clear and cool. After a while we walked on along the path, just taking it all in, the deep blue sky, huge trees, wild flowers, massive butterflies etc.
After a while we carried on with our trip, cut across from west to east, through some beautiful scenery, and stopped at Warkworth for a browse. Off again and next stop was Puhoi, there is a lovely cafe there where they make cheese. We had a glass of wine and sandwich, brought some cheese to take home, had a walk round the lake and then set off for home.
Fantastic day
Old Jan 16th 2007, 11:37 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I attended court and am not a happy bunny.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Should keep your hands to yourself then Sky

I spend today at work... after spending the morning with my husband sampling the delights of the Auckland Radiology Department.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 5:32 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
I attended court and am not a happy bunny.
In the Slammer tonight then?
Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:04 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
In the Slammer tonight then?
Yea well I could do with a holiday
Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:42 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Claire,
We were in Glasgow before we moved over. Loved it Where abouts are you?

welcome.

What have I done today?? well mundane actually - took cat to vet after he badly injured his leg somehow and took dog to groomers for a MAJOR summer cut! Hung some curtains. Thats it really! Sun came out though.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 7:45 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
Hi Claire,
We were in Glasgow before we moved over. Loved it Where abouts are you?

welcome.

What have I done today?? well mundane actually - took cat to vet after he badly injured his leg somehow and took dog to groomers for a MAJOR summer cut! Hung some curtains. Thats it really! Sun came out though.
I signed up for swimming lessons yesterday - I start on 12 February I'm a bit nervous but mostly I'm excited

I've been saying for years that I'll do it but it's only since I came here that I've got the incentive.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Just come in from watching the comet.
Impressive sight in the evening sky
Old Jan 17th 2007, 8:32 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kippers
Just come in from watching the comet.
Impressive sight in the evening sky

Did you take any piccies? That would be cool to see. Make a change from grey skies and rain !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.