Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What are the costs of utilities in NZ?

What are the costs of utilities in NZ?

Old Sep 11th 2013, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

pixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud of
Default Re: What are the costs of utilities in NZ?

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
just got my monthly electric bill, $320.
my last one was $327....
Old Sep 11th 2013, 3:51 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are the costs of utilities in NZ?

Originally Posted by pixiewink
my last one was $327....
Our bill has never been higher than $140 and that was a one off.

Two adults living in Christchurch. Our bills remained very consistent for two years. We are both quite cold blooded and only needed to heat the living room in winter using the gas fire. We never feel the need to heat any other rooms. Our house was well insulated which does make a big difference.

Gas- 2x45kg bottles to run the hob [oven was electric] and one gas fire. We paid approx. $100 pa rental however much we used plus $100 per bottle. One bottle lasts 8-9m over summer but only a month in winter when we use the fire every night. So 4-5 bottles per year.

Electric - Bills vary between $90-110 pcm whether summer or winter. We never used the heatpump

Water - not applicable

Internet and phone - $90 pcm