Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Work Visa requirements?

Work Visa requirements?

Old Sep 10th 2013, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Chippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really nice
Default Work Visa requirements?

Hi, to apply for a work visa (assuming I can get a job offer on the Canterbury Shortages List) do I already need to have had my qualifications assessed by the NZQA or is that only if/when I want to do an EOI?
Thank you all - I did look on the NZ immigation website but it wasn't obvious (to me anyway)
Old Sep 10th 2013, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

MrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to all
Default Re: Work Visa requirements?

have a check on the NZIS website to see if your qualification is on the exempt list you might be lucky unlike me

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35274.htm
Old Sep 10th 2013, 3:12 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

If you need the qualification to be classed as qualified to do the job then you will need it assessing. Unless it appears on the List of Recognised Qualifications.

This is the required standard on the CSSL - for carpenters [I presume!]
The level of skill required for New Zealand in the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations AND Licensed Building Practitioner (LBP) licence to do Restricted Building Work (RBW) within the scope of the Carpentry Licence Class, EXCEPT IF the work will be done under the supervision of an appropriately LBP who is licensed to supervise RBW work done within the scope of a Carpentry Licence Class OR the duties of the Carpenter will not include RBW
This is from the ANZSCO for carpenters and joiners
In New Zealand: NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
So the answer is, not necessarily
Old Sep 10th 2013, 11:09 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Can't remembe3r what your trade quals are ChippyGiles.
Is it NVQ3 or C&G advanced?
Old Sep 11th 2013, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Chippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really nice

I did my NVQ2+3 as thats what the nice man at NZQA would give me the points