Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What are the best things about living in NZ?

What are the best things about living in NZ?

Old Jul 30th 2009, 9:09 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are the best things about living in NZ?

Hokey Pokey, and living in the midst of absolutely wonderful scenery.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southerner
Hokey Pokey, and living in the midst of absolutely wonderful scenery.
Im guessing you mean the ice cream ! My favourite too.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
OOps. I thought this was confined to the 'one thing' like the other thread.
Nope, note the plural on things. I want us all to expound!!! So the 50 cent soft cones in Mc Donalds. Thats 20p in old money. Try getting an icecream for that in the UK. You'd need a time machine like on 'Split the Atom' last week...HOW funny is that prog??? I also have a huge crush on Penny.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 11:54 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Fewer cars on the road- I used to live in South London so it is a big difference

Seeing the Milky Way from the garden most nights, I had never seen it back in the UK. Too much light pollution and never clear enough probably.

Being able to clearly see Ruapehu as I drive into work, though only on a fine day, it just makes me feel happy that I can see a volcano as I go into work...simple things keep me happy [though don't tell Mr Sue that] I also like being able to see the Tararua Range and wind turbines from the house

Living with Mr Sue-finally found someone I really want to be with. I've kissed a few frogs in my time

The possibility of building a house to my own specifications and for about the same cost as buying one. I would never have considered building my own back home. Roll on next year!!

Grain Waves- I have become addicted to them - that may not be a good thing once my waistline starts expanding. And as mentioned previously, hokey pokey ice cream

The trust - my car insurance company trusted me when I said I'd had no accidents ever and gave me cheaper insurance. I had no proof at the time as I'd had a company car in the UK for 14 years. AND it was the truth, I have never had an accident ever!!! My occupational registration body also let me off providing yet another letter of good standing when I finally arrived here, even though I hadn't worked in between so no chance to get into trouble.
This is only a good thing if people are honest enough to tell the truth of course so maybe it should be in the other thread??

That'll do for now, I'm sure I can come in with many more given time
Old Jul 31st 2009, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

ah yes i forgot the stars, when im out in the dark i walk looking at the sky lol, gonna bump into something one of these nights lol
Old Jul 31st 2009, 5:00 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: What are the best things about living in NZ?

Low population density, low cost of petrol, Tui billboards, no CGT (on some things and that may change soon), kiwi giiiiiiiirls, driving on the beach, cheap holidays to nice sunny places, pavlova, 1kg block of cheese () white wine and, of course, chocolate fish .
Old Jul 31st 2009, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

judithlw1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I rang up DOC the other day and they gave me 4WD access to go hunting deep into the bush. No problems, an email exchange and off I went. I was about to say this would have cost a fortune in the UK but actually the reality is that I would not have been able to do it.
Son just back from the UK, going skiing next week, day trip, again not possible in the UK (with the possible exception of Scotland).
I also get to see more MUFC games live on Sky than I did in the UK.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Low population density, low cost of petrol, Tui billboards, no CGT (on some things and that may change soon), kiwi giiiiiiiirls, driving on the beach, cheap holidays to nice sunny places, pavlova, 1kg block of cheese () white wine and, of course, chocolate fish .
Chocolate fush surely????
Old Jul 31st 2009, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

And Chups
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 6:41 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Its so far away from the Uk
Old Aug 4th 2009, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

dubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nice

my job, kids being able to join the local football team, rowing squad etc. Cheap golf, insurance, living 20mins from the airport, big blocks of cheese, fresh produce, wine etc
Old Aug 4th 2009, 4:23 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: What are the best things about living in NZ?

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
And Chups
You eat chocolate fush with chups? Do you mean hot chups or corn chups?