Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Whangarei & Northland Info?

Whangarei & Northland Info?

Old Oct 28th 2006, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

soulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nice
Default Re: Whangarei & Northland Info?

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
Waipu- OK now Im interested. Just how far and how long does it take from Whangarei?

Looks soooo nice
WE like, but again, i'm sure there would be others who wouldn't (you have to qualify these things!)

It's about 25mins to whangarei - it's 38kms up statehighway 1. There's a nurse down my road who works at whangarei hospital (she came over about 6 months ago) and who doesn't mind the drive at all. Personally, I don't particularly enjoy driving (although I seem to do loads of it!) so I'm very happy to have a job here in Waipu itself.

Where would you be working? Why have you decided to look at Whangarei?

SF
Old Oct 28th 2006, 7:55 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soulflour
WE like, but again, i'm sure there would be others who wouldn't (you have to qualify these things!)

It's about 25mins to whangarei - it's 38kms up statehighway 1. There's a nurse down my road who works at whangarei hospital (she came over about 6 months ago) and who doesn't mind the drive at all. Personally, I don't particularly enjoy driving (although I seem to do loads of it!) so I'm very happy to have a job here in Waipu itself.

Where would you be working? Why have you decided to look at Whangarei?

SF
Well my wife works in a hospital, she an ODP (Theatre) so we need an hospital within a 30min drive so we decided on Whangarei or Tauranga. Whangarei appears to be a more scenic area of the 2 (not sure if it is).

As for me its going to be a whole new career I have no idea what I will end up doing. More than likely I will end up in sales of some kind or starting a business by myself. But its all part of the adventure

PS I dont suppose that nurse down the road comes on here does she?
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

soulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nice

Well my wife works in a hospital, she an ODP (Theatre) so we need an hospital within a 30min drive so we decided on Whangarei or Tauranga. Whangarei appears to be a more scenic area of the 2 (not sure if it is).

As for me its going to be a whole new career I have no idea what I will end up doing. More than likely I will end up in sales of some kind or starting a business by myself. But its all part of the adventure

I'm not sure tbh, i only came on here to answer your question!! but if i see her i'll ask her if she has an email address, and maybe she coukd tell you what it's like? she brought her horse over with her! beautiful to ride along the beach though...
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:21 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soulflour
I'm not sure tbh, i only came on here to answer your question!! but if i see her i'll ask her if she has an email address, and maybe she coukd tell you what it's like? she brought her horse over with her! beautiful to ride along the beach though...
Cheers

PS My missus like the look of La Pointe
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:32 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Tauranga is quite nice - it's over the kaimais which are quite beautiful and very handy for the Coromandel which has Stingray Bay (one of my pos things). It's also close to Waihi which has a tavern in true spit and sawdust style where one of my other pos things play often - Katchafire! Tauranga also has some good restaurants and bars. The neg point is the boy racers but they're all over NZ, and the tourists who block up the pavement in the Summer.

Boyfriend is sitting next to me and he says Whangarei is rougher than Tauranga but property is more expensive in tauranga.