Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Pre-Arrival Assistance

Pre-Arrival Assistance

Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Transatlantic Duo has a spectacular aura aboutTransatlantic Duo has a spectacular aura aboutTransatlantic Duo has a spectacular aura about
Default Pre-Arrival Assistance

Are there any services to help you set up before arrival? For example, finding accomodation, schools, etc?
Old Oct 20th 2006, 3:04 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre-Arrival Assistance

Originally Posted by Transatlantic Duo
Are there any services to help you set up before arrival? For example, finding accomodation, schools, etc?
Hi there,
suggest you start with reading the really useful thread and maybe tell people where you want to relocate to so they can tell you what may be available in that area. I did read somewhere on here about a greeting type service but I think that was more for once you actually land.
sorry, not fearfully helpful but better than nothing
Karen B
Old Oct 20th 2006, 8:44 am
Just Joined

Transatlantic Duo has a spectacular aura aboutTransatlantic Duo has a spectacular aura aboutTransatlantic Duo has a spectacular aura about

Hi Karen,
Unsure exactly where in NZ, depends on where the job will take me. But it will be near one of the larger cities. Can you give me any more info on the "greeting type service"? I did a websearch, but found nothing.

Thanks
Old Oct 20th 2006, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

apparently Crown relocations offer a relocation service, & will show you around your new area, schools etc
http://www.crownrelo.com/web/relo.nsf/serv.relo.htm
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:13 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Transatlantic Duo]Hi Karen,
Unsure exactly where in NZ, depends on where the job will take me. But it will be near one of the larger cities. Can you give me any more info on the "greeting type service"? I did a websearch, but found nothing.

There!
The lovely poppets beat me to it
She is an absolute star, always one of the first to offer assistance.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there you could try john mason they do a relocation service, find accomodation for you check out schools etc.
Hope this helps.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 10:58 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

/Where and when are you re-locating may have contacts/family over there who can help?
Old Oct 26th 2006, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

My parents and I joked that we should do this as a service to ex-pats... do you think there'd be a need? Or just the odd one or two?

We were thinking along the lines of sorting out a pleasant rental, poss rental car, near to the schools, shops, their new work place... yadda yadda...
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:59 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a look at www.movingplanet.net seem to have a lot of information and relevant links, might be of some help?