Reload this Page >

WE'RE NEW TO THIS!!!!!

WE'RE NEW TO THIS!!!!!

Old May 2nd 2010, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

pedro0811 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WE'RE NEW TO THIS!!!!!

Hello there everyone!

My husband, 2 daughters and I are about to embark on the visa process for emigration to New Zealand. My husband has a job interview on Tuesday 4th May and hopefully, fingers crossed, he will get through.

Peter, my husband is a Chartered Building Surveyor - are there any other British expats out there who has the same job???? The job he has applied for is in Auckland. Does anyone know of any nice places to live that is reasonably lively and has good primary/secondary schools nearby????

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Julie
xx
Old May 2nd 2010, 9:51 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: WE'RE NEW TO THIS!!!!!

Kia Ora and welcome to this cosy little NZ forum.

My husband's a plumber and we're not near Auckland so I'm no help at all.

Maybe start a couple new threads into the main NZ forum Plenty of folk around that live near in Auckland and surrounds.

See you about the place and Happy Postings.
Old May 2nd 2010, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Sorry I can't help just wanted to say hi and welcome good luck with all your plans

Angela x
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: WE'RE NEW TO THIS!!!!!

Thanks for your replies. It is very scary but also very exciting so will let you know how we get on and no doubt speak to you very soon and you never know, may get to meet you in NZ when we get there.

Thanks again

Julie
xxxxx
Old May 3rd 2010, 11:22 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=pedro0811;8537382]Hello there everyone!

My husband, 2 daughters and I are about to embark on the visa process for emigration to New Zealand. My husband has a job interview on Tuesday 4th May and hopefully, fingers crossed, he will get through.

Peter, my husband is a Chartered Building Surveyor - are there any other British expats out there who has the same job???? The job he has applied for is in Auckland. Does anyone know of any nice places to live that is reasonably lively and has good primary/secondary schools nearby????

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi.....another no helper I'm afraid! just wanted to say welcome!!...and good luck with your plans
B x
Old May 4th 2010, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

I know nothing about being a chartered account but I do live in Auckland LOL

So where to live...I'm going to jump in with suggestions before someone mentions the north shore

There are some great suburbs with great schools around Mt Eden, Remuera, Grey Lynn, Ponsonby
It really depends on the sort of person you are.
Are you a beach dweller, country lover or city chick?

I'm definitely a city person by nature

Welcome and enjoy the process
Old May 4th 2010, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

MissMarple is a jewel in the roughMissMarple is a jewel in the roughMissMarple is a jewel in the roughMissMarple is a jewel in the rough

Hi Julie (snap firstly - me too),

Hey welcome to the roller coaster of the application process.

Whilst not a surveyor (Purchasing Professional here) I came across a thread from Viv Jones, both are teachers in the North Auckland area with kids and they are very knowledgable about performance of schools and which decile they are in.

You might want to drop them a line for info.

Jules AKA Miss Marple!

PS good luck for your OH and his job interview.
Old May 4th 2010, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jules

That is really useful - thanks very much will get in touch with Viv.

Thanks again.

Take care.

Jules
x
Old May 5th 2010, 10:06 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

this thread seems like chinese whispers....

Welcome to the world of BE, there is plenty of school info on the NZ Education Ministry site, reports etc, most schools seems to have their own websites too. The schools seem to work heavily on Zones (catchment areas), so where you live is very important for the choice of schools.

No idea about chartered building surveyor I´m afraid, I´m in IT
Old May 5th 2010, 6:22 pm

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: WE'RE NEW TO THIS!!!!!

Hi Julie - welcome and congrats on starting the process!

Can't help with profession or good areas for schools but sure some others will be along shortly!

We are heading for Orewa, a beach town on the Hibiscus Coast of Auckland, lovely area - check it out if you get the chance
Old May 5th 2010, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Someone told us Orewa was supposed to be nice so will check it out. Please ignore my request for any schools in and around Auckland as I can see that you are one of the same person lol!!!!