Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

We're coming to New Zealand!

We're coming to New Zealand!

Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

jerseybean has a brilliant futurejerseybean has a brilliant futurejerseybean has a brilliant futurejerseybean has a brilliant futurejerseybean has a brilliant futurejerseybean has a brilliant futurejerseybean has a brilliant future
Default We're coming to New Zealand!

Hello we have enjoyed reading this forum and found it really useful in all our research so we thought we'd say hello!
We are from Jersey Channel Islands and we have three cildren age 5, 3 and 7 months. We are gonna give Hamilton a try as we hope its big enough for our kids to do lots of activities but we would like to buy a more rural property with some space and a bit of land.
We will be landing in New Zealand in the middle of April and are very excited so 'Hello and maybe see you soon!'
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:32 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: We're coming to New Zealand!

Just in time for the start of autumn. Get yourself an insulated place to live. Those Waikato winters can be coolish and foggy.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:39 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Welcome to this little NZ forum.
Happy Posting to the site.
Have some karma
Old Feb 10th 2008, 7:07 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Hamilton for over a year and loved it there. My take on Hamilton is in the Wiki section if you want to have a look.
Welcome to the forum and karma to you!
Karen
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:37 am

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear someone else definitely heading to Hamilton...

Hubby and I land in May with two sprogs (17 months and 2 months!)

Hopefully will see you there. Maybe kids could play?

What's your background/setup going to be if you don't mind me asking?

Send a pm if you'd rather

Tan
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

jerseybean has a brilliant futurejerseybean has a brilliant futurejerseybean has a brilliant futurejerseybean has a brilliant futurejerseybean has a brilliant futurejerseybean has a brilliant futurejerseybean has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by happynz
Just in time for the start of autumn. Get yourself an insulated place to live. Those Waikato winters can be coolish and foggy.
Thanks we will try especially as we're used to our double glazing!
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tan0410
Great to hear someone else definitely heading to Hamilton...

Hubby and I land in May with two sprogs (17 months and 2 months!)

Hopefully will see you there. Maybe kids could play?

What's your background/setup going to be if you don't mind me asking?

Send a pm if you'd rather

Tan
Thanks Tan great idea to meet someone else in same boat etc!
I'll get in touch a bit closer just sinking under lots of boxes as just agreed quote for container and trying to sell house. Bit busy here. Should calm down once house is sold. (Moving back in with parents in meantime).
My sister is buying a house in Hamilton at the moment (due to complete early March) not sure if we'll descend on them or rent our own place.
We were granted PR so my husband will have to find work before we buy our own place.
I'll post more info when not quite so tired but please keep posting
Thanks