Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wellington Houses to Rent

Wellington Houses to Rent

Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:42 am
Just Joined

navyred is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wellington Houses to Rent

Hello! Would someone be able to help me with locating a good website for renting accommodation in Wellington? I have looked at a few via the 'move to wellington' website, but are there any others?
Thanks,
Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:55 am
AKT
Forum Regular

AKT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Wellington Houses to Rent

Originally Posted by navyred
Hello! Would someone be able to help me with locating a good website for renting accommodation in Wellington? I have looked at a few via the 'move to wellington' website, but are there any others?
Thanks,
www.trademe.co.nz - ALL of the rental agencies use it, the down side is that you need to be in NZ to register (but you can browse without registering). Quinovic seem to have the market share here though.

HTH

A
Old Dec 30th 2008, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

www.trademe.co.nz is the best resource... yes you need a NZ address to register, but there's nothing to say you have to be there. I used a hotel address in NZ when i registered then changed it appropriately when i got here...
Old Dec 30th 2008, 9:22 am
AKT
Forum Regular

AKT will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
www.trademe.co.nz is the best resource... yes you need a NZ address to register, but there's nothing to say you have to be there. I used a hotel address in NZ when i registered then changed it appropriately when i got here...
Yes there is, they look at your IP address, so that needs to be in NZ when you register - they changed the rules last year so you may have got away with it, but you won't now, it's to reduce fraud.

A
Old Dec 30th 2008, 9:47 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

As a house hunter in Wellington myself I would say that although trademe gives a lot of houses it doesn't by any means show them all.

You should look at the agents websites like Leaders, Tommys and Quinovic.

Another point is that the best (and best value) houses often get rented out before they even get to the market through 'mates' - not so true now as it was when the market was bouyant but nevertheless it's good to 'network' if you can.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 10:54 am
Just Joined

navyred is an unknown quantity at this point

Brilliant. Thanks, I'll have a look!