Weather Shocker!

Old Jun 30th 2005, 11:57 pm
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice
Default Re: Weather Shocker!

Tornadoes are very rare - and when they do happen they don't do much damage. All that one did was tear some plastic sheeting and throw a few pot-plants about.

Flooding does happen, but nothing like as bad as a bad UK winter. Remember a few years ago when whole towns were under water? Was it York? Certainly Glasgow had several streets where the houses were essentially submerged a year or two back. Same in parts of Devon - I remember being down there and wading into a pub.

The sun - there is an issue, but it is overblown. Like most Kiwis, I tend to run around in the summer with not much on, and I have fair skin. When it is obviously strong I wack on some sunscreen, but mostly I don't bother, and I rarely get burnt. Pays to be careful with that pale brit skin though! (Not you Phyllis). However I really like the way the kids are taught to protect themselves, all the schools seem to provide sunhats and shady areas for the kids. At our school, all the play equipment is covered with huge awnings.

If you want to worry about something, worry about living in Auckland, which is built on several dormant volcanoes (notice I said dormant, and not extinct).

Look on the bright side - no seriously poisonous insects, no snakes, no crocs.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 1:11 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwijetpilot
Like most Kiwis, I tend to run around in the summer with not much on,
Yoiks! :scared:
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:01 am
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kiwijetpilot
I tend to run around in the summer with not much on,
Maybe he means he doesn't have a big workload?