Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

We got here... we made it...

We got here... we made it...

Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:07 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We got here... we made it...

I'm sorry - I missed this WELCOME to New Zealand. I hope you'll be really, really happy here
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 6:22 am
Dragging 4 kids with us..

Jules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud of

Thank you all for your welcomes and words.

I (Danny) started work today... was pretty painless... everyone very approachable, pleasant and friendly.

My day was only stirred up by Jules calling me and telling me she's found a house we should buy... our sale in the UK hasn't completed yet... finding the deposit money for this one might be a bit tricky..

everyone loves a challenge
Old Apr 6th 2007, 8:36 pm

Jules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud of
Default Re: Terrace Appartments

Originally Posted by clodestar
Hi Next week we're coming out for our reccy visit and OH new company are putting us and brood of 3 ( 12,6,18mth) up in the Terrace Villa appartments. I just wandered what they are like. It sounds like your having a great time a bit further down the line than us. OH has a job starting Sept just put in EOI with plans to do ITA when we return. Already collecting all info madly.
Just wondering... heard some children above us this morning... don't happen to be in 214 do you?
Old Apr 9th 2007, 10:27 pm
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jules and Danny and family,
Congratulations on getting over to NZ, sounds great, these posts are so intresting that people write describing their first few days/weeks in NZ , it really gives a great true reflection of your first thoughts of it all, well-done.
I'll keep watching for more posts.
We have sold our house, job offer is just round corner, so we hope to be there by August, all being well.
Marika
Old Apr 10th 2007, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Marika 38
Hi Jules and Danny and family,
Congratulations on getting over to NZ, sounds great, these posts are so intresting that people write describing their first few days/weeks in NZ , it really gives a great true reflection of your first thoughts of it all, well-done.
I'll keep watching for more posts.
We have sold our house, job offer is just round corner, so we hope to be there by August, all being well.
Marika
We've been ever so lucky with the weather. We know (as everyone keeps reminding us) that the weather is going to change soon, but has made such a difference to have incredible weather when you have just moved to a new place.

It affects the way you think about a place. To us, wellington is a beautiful sunny place and when the wind and the rain comes, that'll just be an interval in the weather waiting for the sunny weather to come back again.

I know people who have come to live in Welly during the winter, and no matter what the weather is, in their head, Welly is a windy and wet place and they are just waiting for the next bout of gales!

We've also been ever so lucky that so many people (on and off this board) have been so friendly and helpful.

Two weeks gone and we still like it here... Must be an alright place...
Old Apr 10th 2007, 11:26 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Weather here in england, especially Cornwall, has been great for the last 3 weeks, so ours bound to change soon aswell, people joke and say, thats it our summers over!!! it really has been glorious. OH job offer is coming from Northland so looks as if we will be heading right up North, so we are hoping it might not be too Cold, as like you say I'm sure it makes a differnce on your initial outlook on a place if its not great weather, maybe we'll wait until beginning of September!!
All the best Marika