We´ve passed MAF

Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:35 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default We´ve passed MAF

....inspection of container done, delivery set for Friday

No complications other than our sailing dinghy needed vacuuming at $85 Not sure what that was about but minor in the scheme of things....
Old Sep 21st 2010, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

Littlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really nice
Default Re: We´ve passed MAF

So how long did it take from the container landing at Auckland to getting cleared? I have heard stories of having to wait 2 weeks or more
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:02 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Littlemisssunshine
So how long did it take from the container landing at Auckland to getting cleared? I have heard stories of having to wait 2 weeks or more
Ours docked Monday 13th, was released from the port Thursday 16th, next scheduled MAF inspection at the agents was Tuesday 21st, the dinghy needs a re-inspection after vacuuming, that will take place tomorrow Thursday 23rd meaning we can have the stuff delivered Friday 24th. This was a 40ft container with 1 car and 1 sailing dinghy plus our household contents. We couldn´t have MAF inspect at the house as the car had to be removed from the container to clear customs on its own.

I think most delays are down to the need to book inspections, deliveries etc which can only be done once the container is actually here...
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 1:21 am
Just Joined

Littlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really nice

Thank for that Simon, the detail you included in your reply was very useful. My shipment is supposed to arrive on NZ soil on the 19th of October and I am counting the days. I know I am going to be surprised by some of the stuff I had sent over, I really can't remember everything we included!
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 9:34 pm
It is what it is Member

Bummer, customs decided they wanted a valuation on said dinghy, came in with a potential $48 GST so not collectable, gave us an interesting 2hrs yesterday and has caused the delivery to slip to Monday

This is because EVERY item in the container must be cleared before the contents are released, so any delay on any item holds up the whole lot...
Old Sep 24th 2010, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

forshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by simonsi
....inspection of container done, delivery set for Friday

No complications other than our sailing dinghy needed vacuuming at $85 Not sure what that was about but minor in the scheme of things....

Good news for you!
Pickfords messed our's up bigstyle it was collected March 24th and arrived July 21st!!!!! and we had been here since April, it was terrible the kids didnt have their toys etc, the seasons had changed so we didnt have the right clothes etc!
Its a great feeling when it arrives though! we fully unpack soon when we move into our house in 2 weeks cannot wait

enjoy your things!
Old Sep 24th 2010, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I've not heard of MAFF turning anything down yet.
It always suprises me when people start quizzing about what they can bring.
As long as its not alive they'll let it in.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by simonsi
Bummer, customs decided they wanted a valuation on said dinghy, came in with a potential $48 GST so not collectable, gave us an interesting 2hrs yesterday and has caused the delivery to slip to Monday

This is because EVERY item in the container must be cleared before the contents are released, so any delay on any item holds up the whole lot...
What a bummer!! I dont understand this GST thing If the goods are used why would you have to pay GST? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? Ive got a few things that I bought a while ago that I havent bothered unpacking because I knew I would be emigrating, so would I get charged GST on these?
Regards Bev
Old Sep 26th 2010, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

you are lucky ours was due in port tomorrow but has been delayed a week, no probs I thought as we do not need until the 8th now I am panicking!!!!
Old Sep 26th 2010, 7:34 pm
It is what it is Member

Originally Posted by janeyk
you are lucky ours was due in port tomorrow but has been delayed a week, no probs I thought as we do not need until the 8th now I am panicking!!!!
That would wind me up, ships don´t go into holding patterns so the "delay" must have occurred some time ago, by it taking a different route or being held for a different ship...
Old Sep 26th 2010, 7:39 pm
It is what it is Member

Originally Posted by BevK
What a bummer!! I dont understand this GST thing If the goods are used why would you have to pay GST?
Boats are treated like vehicles so not part of household effects so different rules apply.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:58 pm
It is what it is Member

1st Half delivered and mostly unpacked, damage is one wine glass and one pyrex dish so not too bad.

TV works but can only get Prime, Maori and a chinese TV channel, not sure why no TV1,2,3 or 4 - must use a different system. Will all be good when sky installed though...