Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wallpaper, surely this is wrong

Wallpaper, surely this is wrong

Old Jan 19th 2013, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light
Default Wallpaper, surely this is wrong

I'm looking for wallpaper for the little girls room, finally I found a lovely disney fairy design that I liked, only to go down to Guthrie Bowron to be told I had to wait 6 weeks for it to be delivered as they import it and that it would be $110.00 per roll and $65.00 per boarder!!!!

Needless to say I won't be buying it from there, so my question is why is wallpaper sooooo expensive here, why is it not stocked in the shop and also if anyone knows of where I can purchase wallpaper for at least half the price then please let us know..
Old Jan 19th 2013, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

higgy2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wallpaper, surely this is wrong

Just wait until you price up the paint. It's very expensive, best of luck
with your search.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 5:35 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

we went to Resene and had to wait a couple of days before we could have the wall paper we picked, luckily paper wasn't as expensive as yours at $72 each but still quite a lot and we were only needing 2-3 rolls. luckily they have a 3mth returns policy as well so if roll not used you can return it within that time frame
Old Jan 19th 2013, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it's a reasonable price?

http://www.roommatesdecor.com/wallpa...wallpaper.aspx
Old Jan 19th 2013, 6:41 pm
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

you're lucky. Ours cost $155 a roll and came from the UK, and took 7 weeks. I honestly thought about getting a mate back home to go to B&Q, buy it and ship it out himself
Old Jan 19th 2013, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

paint is horrendous, dont know why i think they make it here but going of the price i think they import it on the backs of unicorns in solid gold ships

Neil
Old Jan 19th 2013, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute

bloody hell . so you just pay that or go without?
Old Jan 19th 2013, 10:29 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

just realised we got ours on a sale weekend, god knows how much it would of costs then
Old Jan 19th 2013, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

It's the reason why so many kiwi's live in houses that are no better than a pig shed.

I went to a house yesterday to see about getting some seats reupholstered, the place was falling down, looked more like a haunted house.

I'm still puzzling why paint is so expensive, it seems to be a price fixing racket all the shops have in on, much like supermarkets, pubs and chemists.

In bunnings you can get some amazing power tools for next to nothing, $30 for a jigsaw, $100 for a dropsaw etc. In the next aisle a tin of simple emulsion (kiwi made) costs the bloody earth. When I've finished renovating the kitchen in dreading getting prices to carpet the living room as I've heard carpet is as bad in the land of wool.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 12:56 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
It's the reason why so many kiwi's live in houses that are no better than a pig shed.

I went to a house yesterday to see about getting some seats reupholstered, the place was falling down, looked more like a haunted house.

I'm still puzzling why paint is so expensive, it seems to be a price fixing racket all the shops have in on, much like supermarkets, pubs and chemists.

In bunnings you can get some amazing power tools for next to nothing, $30 for a jigsaw, $100 for a dropsaw etc. In the next aisle a tin of simple emulsion (kiwi made) costs the bloody earth. When I've finished renovating the kitchen in dreading getting prices to carpet the living room as I've heard carpet is as bad in the land of wool.
Just so you know you aren't alone over there. I wanted some lining paper. Not in stock, as ever, and would be $50.00 a roll. I didn't bother.

Paint here is a disgusting price. That said, some of the exterior paints are of top notch quality and do the job very well. Interior paint is crap and expensive.

Taking of wool, trying to find carpet with some wool content is nigh on impossible. Gawd knows why.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
No, you are wrong on that point. The reason why so many kiwis live in houses like that is because they would describe it as being down to earth, not bothered by unnecessary flashiness or unnecessarily spending money when what they have will do. Others would say it was feral.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 1:39 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sr71
No, you are wrong on that point. The reason why so many kiwis live in houses like that is because they would describe it as being down to earth, not bothered by unnecessary flashiness or unnecessarily spending money when what they have will do. Others would say it was feral.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for all the replies, found out debenhams do the disney fairy range. 15.00 pounds a roll thankyou very much, and will deliver for 14.00 pounds. I think that's a definite O for awesome

I would never call any roll of wallpaper over $45.00 reasonable price, maybe that's cos I'm a tight northerner !!
Old Jan 20th 2013, 6:50 am
SLH
Forum Regular

SLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud of

Not sure how many rolls you need but make sure you check out the import tax. Website address is http://www.importduty.co.nz/

We pay 5% import tax on wallpaper. Its an easy calculator to use.

Good Luck
Old Jan 20th 2013, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute

i had heart people say paint was expensive in oz but didn't realise wallpaper work cost that much in nz. suppose I didn't think about it.

wouldn't stop me coming over but certainly makes you realize how cheap things are here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.