Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Waiting for a decision

Waiting for a decision

Old Aug 15th 2005, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

JoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant future
Default Waiting for a decision

How long does it take? Am I very impatient? We (hubby and me) have put all the applications in, had all the medicals and now need to wait. Good grief how long?????????????
Old Aug 15th 2005, 9:03 am
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiting for a decision

Originally Posted by JoannaD
How long does it take? Am I very impatient? We (hubby and me) have put all the applications in, had all the medicals and now need to wait. Good grief how long?????????????
Join the "Patience is a virtue that we haven't got!!" club...drives you mad doesn't it...

When did you submit your ITA Joanna?? Was it with a job offer or not as that will make all the difference to the timescales...
Old Aug 15th 2005, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

nivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud of

We're in the same boat!
We submitted mid July and are still waiting on a result! Losing the plot big style, I though Jan had read my mind! :scared:
We made some enquiries though and were told that those with job offers and certain occupations have priority. They reckoned about 4-8 weeks for ours so we're not panicking just yet
At least the house is sold though, we feel quite smug about that although the clear out is making me grey!!!

Love Cathy x
Old Aug 15th 2005, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Machlome is an unknown quantity at this point

You are lucky - we submitted EOI 5 weeks ago and were selected two days later - since then nothing - can you let us know how much longer we may need to take? we have medicals booked and everything but aren't sure quite what is involved re verifying EOI stuff.
Good luck with a response soon. Where in NZ are you hoping to settle.
Charon
Old Aug 15th 2005, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

we applied without job offers and our timescale went like this:
EOI selected early Dec and ITA pack arrived end Jan - about 7 weeks submitted ITA end Mar and received approval in principle mid May - about 6 weeks.

Hope this settles the nerves a bit.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

JoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Join the "Patience is a virtue that we haven't got!!" club...drives you mad doesn't it...
ITA without a job. I think I need residency before a job?
Beginning not to have not too much patience. Lots of things have happened not NZ related that make it more of a desire to go, preferably yesterday!
JoannaD.
Hope a membership to the patience is not a virtue that I have club will hasten things along!

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Aug 15th 2005 at 7:32 pm. Reason: brackets...
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:32 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

ITA without a job. I think I need residency before a job?
Beginning not to have not too much patience. Lots of things have happened not NZ related that make it more of a desire to go, preferably yesterday!
JoannaD.
Hope a membership to the patience is not a virtue that I have club will hasten things along!
Hi Joanna

I asked if you had submitted your ITA with a job "offer" not did you have a job!!! If you have a job offer when you submit your ITA (and a lot of people do!!) then your ITA is given priority processing and you hear much more quickly if you have been successful...so I take it you don't have a job offer then and will go in the heap with the rest of us... When did you submit your ITA then????

Membership to the club won't hasten things along either I hate to tell you but it will make the wait a little more bearable hopefully...
Old Aug 16th 2005, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Pinkie Pie]Hi Joanna

We submitted in June, got through about 3 days later, waiting for a final decision. All medicals and everything else done though

Joanna D.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 2:40 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=JoannaD]
Hi Joanna

We submitted in June, got through about 3 days later, waiting for a final decision. All medicals and everything else done though

Joanna D.
Joanne - when you say submitted in June, do you mean your EOI or your ITA? I'm a little confused. If it was your ITA then you should be hearing within the next month or so I would have thought.

If they were to put ITAs into categories it would go like this:

Cat 1 - People on shortages lists and with job offer
Cat 2 - People on shortages lists and no job offer
Cat 3 - People not on shortages lists, with job offer
Cat 4 - People not on shortages lists, with no job offer

And remember there are two types of shortages list - immediate and long term, so there would be sub categories in the above.

On the above basis, we'd be a category 4, so we'd have to expect to hear within 6 months, extremely likely to be sooner, but certainly not as a priority. We were told by NZIS that people in our situation were non-priority but that they were committed to making that final decision within six months, but that was an outside date and it would more likely be 3-4 months.

So if you think you would be in one of the less priority categories, remember you've already waited two months, so it could be any time now. Keep watching that decision space on your NZIS login and hopefully it will change for you soon!

Hope this is clear, probably as clear as mud seeing as I'm typing it when I'm meant to be working, so am shifting between windows as people walk past!
Old Aug 16th 2005, 5:13 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=bookemjano]

Joanne - when you say submitted in June, do you mean your EOI or your ITA? I'm a little confused. If it was your ITA then you should be hearing within the next month or so I would have thought.

If they were to put ITAs into categories it would go like this:

Cat 1 - People on shortages lists and with job offer
Cat 2 - People on shortages lists and no job offer
Cat 3 - People not on shortages lists, with job offer
Cat 4 - People not on shortages lists, with no job offer

And remember there are two types of shortages list - immediate and long term, so there would be sub categories in the above.

On the above basis, we'd be a category 4, so we'd have to expect to hear within 6 months, extremely likely to be sooner, but certainly not as a priority. We were told by NZIS that people in our situation were non-priority but that they were committed to making that final decision within six months, but that was an outside date and it would more likely be 3-4 months.

So if you think you would be in one of the less priority categories, remember you've already waited two months, so it could be any time now. Keep watching that decision space on your NZIS login and hopefully it will change for you soon!

Hope this is clear, probably as clear as mud seeing as I'm typing it when I'm meant to be working, so am shifting between windows as people walk past!
Brilliantly clear actually.

NZIS told me that it would take c. 2 months for a skilled work visa under spousal sponsorship if that helps anyone re: timings. Slightly longer for PR via the same route. Doesn't it seem to take for ages - I imagine it to be similar to a solicitors role in buying a house since although I haven't seen the forms, I would have thought that the applicants do all the leg work and send everything they could possibly want in for them to go through the 'tick box' process, working through the 'formula' to decision. In fact I can imagine the flow diagram now!! Or is that over-simplifying it too much? LOL
Old Aug 17th 2005, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

as clear as it's going to be. Here's hoping
Joanna