Vacuum Cleaners

Old Nov 21st 2007, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vacuum Cleaners

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
'scuse me for butting-in from over the way but can I second a couple of things:
1) Avoid Kambrook ... the turbo head things are something conceived in hell
2) The Dysons are great, expensive but great

I'll be moving along now ...
lol..... somebody agrees with me! In the end my Kambrook was held together using tape..... and then tape on tape as it broke again... this one had a "turbo head" too.....useless things.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dustybin
I take it all back, people really do care about their hoovers..
....well if you have kids or pets then youll know that the vacuum is a very important piece of equipment..... they get used most days so have to be reliable and tough!! I could say .... just how I like my men, but I wont!
Old Nov 21st 2007, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
lol..... somebody agrees with me! In the end my Kambrook was held together using tape..... and then tape on tape as it broke again... this one had a "turbo head" too.....useless things.

Ha, I know what you mean, my old electrolux was taped together too.

Gill
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 2:53 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SarahB
....well if you have kids or pets then youll know that the vacuum is a very important piece of equipment..... they get used most days so have to be reliable and tough!! I could say .... just how I like my men, but I wont!

if thats the case would either keeping them in a kennel (kids and pets!) and or wooden floors and a brush be the way forward!
Old Nov 25th 2007, 3:56 am
Just Joined

Amanda Hart will become famous soon enoughAmanda Hart will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by zoej
Has anyone had to buy/replace their vacuum cleaner in NZ.

What is the general experience about the range of uprights and the best one around/where to buy from?

There seams a lot of Dyson and not much else from the shops I have been in for the uprights - loads on cylinder types.
Hi there, I found an upright hoover in Farmers, only bought it in August and they still they them, its a bagless Bissell, and excellent. Like you, other than Dyson I just could'nt find an upright until I found this one. Amanda
Old Nov 25th 2007, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amanda Hart
Hi there, I found an upright hoover in Farmers, only bought it in August and they still they them, its a bagless Bissell, and excellent. Like you, other than Dyson I just could'nt find an upright until I found this one. Amanda
It's the one I just purchased............... excellent.
Gill
Old Nov 25th 2007, 6:30 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
It's the one I just purchased............... excellent.
Gill
seems vacuum cleaners/hoovers are "in topic" at the minute. also 'from over the water' sneaking in on NZ threads, we brought our dyson upright over from the UK. it died a death a week or so ago. the question is, do we pay for it to be repaired or buy new. we went yesterday, as O/H decided buy new was the way to go. i have spoken to a repair man, who says it sounds like the motor has burnt out and it will cost about $230 aussie dollars, but dyson are a nightmare as sometimes they are good at getting replacements parts, other times crap. so, off we go. after 2 shops O/H decides that we need to repair our old one as the prices are ........ but, from what you guys have said on here, bissell sounds quite good. i dont know if they are sold in australia? i will google it repair or buy new? ............repair or buy new?......you get the picture