Vacuum Cleaners

Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

zoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant future
Default Vacuum Cleaners

Has anyone had to buy/replace their vacuum cleaner in NZ.

What is the general experience about the range of uprights and the best one around/where to buy from?

There seams a lot of Dyson and not much else from the shops I have been in for the uprights - loads on cylinder types.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:34 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vacuum Cleaners

Originally Posted by zoej

What is the general experience about the range of uprights and the best one around/where to buy from?

There seams a lot of Dyson and not much else from the shops I have been in for the uprights - loads on cylinder types.
steady Dusty.... these things are important...
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

The Warehouse had a great little vacuum cleaner recently. Small, but works well - 78 dollars! They ain't fancy, but they're cheap!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:31 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Just a little word for those wanting to bring their vacuum cleaners over from the UK... we just got our documents to fill in and send back for our container's arrival next week (hurrah!), and one specific thing that the MAF forms ask about is there being a vacuum cleaner in the contents.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Just a little word for those wanting to bring their vacuum cleaners over from the UK... we just got our documents to fill in and send back for our container's arrival next week (hurrah!), and one specific thing that the MAF forms ask about is there being a vacuum cleaner in the contents.
No probs, as long as you give it a good clean which is easy nowdays with the bagless Dyson type cleaners.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:03 am
Account Closed

Leccy-Lee is an unknown quantity at this point

Surely you mean a "Hoover" ?
I keep saying at work "i will hoover that up in a minute" and all i get from the Kiwis is blank stares! LOL
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeeBennett
Surely you mean a "Hoover" ?
I keep saying at work "i will hoover that up in a minute" and all i get from the Kiwis is blank stares! LOL
Add the word "Rugby" to the statement.
They still won't understand but at least you won't get blank stares
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoej

Hello
My trusty Electrolux Mondo that we brought over from the UK, died 2 weeks ago Really upset, as I still have a good supply of "hoover bags" that I bought at ASDA last October .........however will put them on TradeMe. Must have been about 8 years old. Have just bought a bagless Bissell upright, from Farmers, half price on special $249. IT IS FANTASTIC.

I was TOTALLY ashamed at how much fluff and "muck" it picked up, in fact I had a competition with my daughters, as to who could pick up the most "muck" ....... youngest daughters bedroom won !!! We now have a fantastically clean house, and as you can see what is in the chamber it is quite motivational for my kids to keep their rooms clean.

Gill
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

we got a great on"as good as new condition" of trademe for $200 ,our rental came with a hoover,but it was c.r.a.p

we have been lucky with our rental in that its very clean and nearly new carpets...but have heard some horror stories from friends about fleas being a problem hear,especially if there has been pets before you....a few friends have had to get carpets fumigated...so a good hoover is recomended....

it seems to be a common problem here,have heard loads of people speaking about it......jacky
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Hello
My trusty Electrolux Mondo that we brought over from the UK, died 2 weeks ago Really upset, as I still have a good supply of "hoover bags" that I bought at ASDA last October .........however will put them on TradeMe. Must have been about 8 years old. Have just bought a bagless Bissell upright, from Farmers, half price on special $249. IT IS FANTASTIC.

I was TOTALLY ashamed at how much fluff and "muck" it picked up, in fact I had a competition with my daughters, as to who could pick up the most "muck" ....... youngest daughters bedroom won !!! We now have a fantastically clean house, and as you can see what is in the chamber it is quite motivational for my kids to keep their rooms clean.

Gill
I've got one of them too...it is most worrying when you see all the crap, particularly when you thought your house was clean

I am on my 4th vacuum cleaner since I got here, I bought a cheap crappy pullalong the floor one from countdown, which was crap to say the least, then I bought an upright one from KMart which after 3 months stopped picking up and made some odd noises, so I took it back and got another of them and then that died the same way after another few months so I took it back again and got my money back and then I got my bissell one and thats great

Upright vacuum cleaners are so much easier than pull along ones, I fall over the cable as it is but then to have the hose to fall over too is bad enough...ok thast just me, I hate pull along cleaners...I so wished I had bought an upright with me but as i have one now i am happy bunny
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by garryhg
we got a great on"as good as new condition" of trademe for $200 ,our rental came with a hoover,but it was c.r.a.p

we have been lucky with our rental in that its very clean and nearly new carpets...but have heard some horror stories from friends about fleas being a problem hear,especially if there has been pets before you....a few friends have had to get carpets fumigated...so a good hoover is recomended....

it seems to be a common problem here,have heard loads of people speaking about it......jacky
our rental had fleas...had to get agent to get it sprayed for us...it was most yucky

makes me itch just thinking of them
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Maz
Make sure the dust bag is empty - then MAF won't be interested in it. Though to be fair, they just took the dust bag contents away... goodness knows what they did with it
Old Nov 21st 2007, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

We bought a Kambrook bagged thing.... it was utter crap. It literally fell apart. It wasnt just mine as my mates did the same. We now have a little pull along Dyson thing and it works fine and Im happy with it so far. I hate having to change bags and I swear everytime I went to a shop to buy bags they would have every make and model but the one I needed! I wanted a cyclonic bagless and had the huge choice of 2 so bought the Dyson.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 3:05 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

I take it all back, people really do care about their hoovers..
Old Nov 21st 2007, 3:48 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SarahB
We bought a Kambrook bagged thing.... it was utter crap. It literally fell apart. It wasnt just mine as my mates did the same. We now have a little pull along Dyson thing and it works fine and Im happy with it so far. I hate having to change bags and I swear everytime I went to a shop to buy bags they would have every make and model but the one I needed! I wanted a cyclonic bagless and had the huge choice of 2 so bought the Dyson.
'scuse me for butting-in from over the way but can I second a couple of things:
1) Avoid Kambrook ... the turbo head things are something conceived in hell
2) The Dysons are great, expensive but great

I'll be moving along now ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.