Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Urgent advice needed

Urgent advice needed

Old Mar 9th 2015, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent advice needed

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Unless you have a private jet or live in a multidimensional universe I am not sure that it is possible to live "within an hour of thousands of kilometres of beaches".
A thousand.

Got excited 😄
Old Mar 10th 2015, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
A thousand.

Got excited 😄

Clearly maths was not one of your best subjects - take yourself 250kms north or south of Auckland on either the east or west coast and you would find yourself well outside of Auckland.

It would also take considerably longer than one hour to go 250kms unless you have access to a helicopter, tardis or lear jet.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Chocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I was thinking about this earlier today and thought what are people on about .There are loads of regional parks to visit, with places to walk, tramp, swim, kayak etc. Head to the Waitakeres for tramping, plenty of surfing to be had on the west coast of Auckland. Kite surfing at Orewa and other beaches. Skate board parks, tennis courts, and so on. There's loads of outdoor stuff to do if you're so inclined.

What I will agree on is that house prices are stupidly expensive and that traffic can be a pain in the bum.
I completely agree on all counts. Loads of outdoor things to do in Auckland but house prices are crazy and traffic getting worse.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

I believe you should think very carefully about the move. NZ is one of the most expensive places to live in and prices just keep rising. Frankly, it simply doesn't live up to the hype which you read about.

Over the years we have lived here I have seen things simply get worse and every time we go overseas and return here we notice how much worse it has become. Things like the over-priced housing market, huge traffic problems and diabolical shops, and a general lack of cultural awareness are things which simply cannot be ignored or smoothed over.

Frankly, it's not worth giving up what you may have in the UK to take a risk coming out here.