Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Uncertain til now! Please help

Uncertain til now! Please help

Old Jan 10th 2007, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

alcheska has a brilliant futurealcheska has a brilliant futurealcheska has a brilliant futurealcheska has a brilliant futurealcheska has a brilliant futurealcheska has a brilliant future
Default Uncertain til now! Please help

Hi, I am new here and im so glad i found this particular forum expats for NZ.
My story goes:

I am a registered nurse here in my country and currently on the process of enrolling to Waiariki Institute of Tech for the nursing 6 weeks course. A local consulting agency helped me to process my papers and it already cost us a lot of money. After 6 weeks of schooling, il take the board exam to be able to work legaly as a nurse in NZ. We are considering Auckland coz my hubby is into multimedia/graphics design.

Heres what we are uncertain of:
- Is there a need for his credentials to be assessed by the NZ gov? What are his chances of getting a Graphic Design job in Auckland having a college degree from the Philppines?

- Do I still need a recruitment agency to find a nursing job as soon as I pass the board exam? Any nurses out there that could shed light?

I would really appreciate your reply.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of
Default Re: Uncertain til now! Please help

Originally Posted by alcheska
My story goes:

I am a registered nurse here in my country and currently on the process of enrolling to Waiariki Institute of Tech for the nursing 6 weeks course. A local consulting agency helped me to process my papers and it already cost us a lot of money. After 6 weeks of schooling, il take the board exam to be able to work legaly as a nurse in NZ. We are considering Auckland coz my hubby is into multimedia/graphics design.

- Is there a need for his credentials to be assessed by the NZ gov? What are his chances of getting a Graphic Design job in Auckland having a college degree from the Philppines?

- Do I still need a recruitment agency to find a nursing job as soon as I pass the board exam? Any nurses out there that could shed light?

Hi ya and welcome,

I work in a related area to your OH, I'm a video editor / multimedia / dvd programmer, and yes NZ immagration will need his qualitifations apprased by NZQA. Have a look here for further info:

http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/for-international/index.html

Adie

Last edited by spackster; Jan 10th 2007 at 5:46 pm. Reason: how rude, i forgot the welcome bit.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 7:36 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

My story goes:

Welcome to the forum!

Buzzy
Old Jan 10th 2007, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Hi and welcome.
I'm not a nurse, but look at this thread for information on agency versus direct applications.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=dhb

Kip
Old Jan 10th 2007, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

alcheska has a brilliant futurealcheska has a brilliant futurealcheska has a brilliant futurealcheska has a brilliant futurealcheska has a brilliant futurealcheska has a brilliant future

spackster - how long will it take for NZQA apprased such documents? Coz he will be joing me 3 months after I will have a nursing job, hopefuly June 2007. And I want him to secure the proper documents while we are still here in our country. How much is the average earnings for Graphics designers?Multimedia? 3D Artist? in Auckland area

Kippers - Thank you for the link. very helpful.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

spackster - how long will it take for NZQA apprased such documents? Coz he will be joing me 3 months after I will have a nursing job, hopefuly June 2007. And I want him to secure the proper documents while we are still here in our country. How much is the average earnings for Graphics designers?Multimedia? 3D Artist? in Auckland area

Kippers - Thank you for the link. very helpful.
Hi ya,

From memory the NZQA was about six weeks, we paid extra for the quick service, however it was not done in the faster time period (and no we didn't get a refund of the extra fee's) There is a guide to time scales on their website (i gave you the link before). Do bear in mind you need to send all original certs for any qual's plus copies, some of which need to be notarized I seem to remember.

With regards to wages, this as always is hard to find out, however as a assistant editor / Non Linear editor I am looking at anything from 35K/40K for a junior position upwards. Sorry can't help to much with design side, as I am concentrating on finding a job based on my core skills.
Have a look on www.seek.co.nz for jobs/employers. Hope this helps

Adie