Uk tv compatible

Old Jan 7th 2011, 7:23 pm
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Uk tv compatible

Originally Posted by snodger
I watch a lot of tv on the Internet , there is a website called tvcatchup which has all the free to air tv shows in the Uk.
Does anyone else watch Uk tv on the net over in nz ?
Sadly TVcatchup is not currently available outside the UK
Old Jan 9th 2011, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

snodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nice

Are you able to pick up English tv over in nz ? Or are most of tge Uk tv programs already on nz tv channels
Old Jan 9th 2011, 6:41 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly (!) yes you can get an awful lot of uk tv - there is even a "UKTV" channel. Unfortunately my kids are addicted to Eastenders.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

snodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nice

Eastenders is terrible !!!! I'm sorry if people like it but it's so depressing ha ha
Old Jan 9th 2011, 6:51 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

agreed! .... perhaps it reinforces how wonderful life in NZ is!
Old Jan 9th 2011, 10:49 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NakiMan
Sadly TVcatchup is not currently available outside the UK
You need to use an internet proxy service so that you appear to be in the UK as far as BBC iPlayer, TV Catchup etc are concerned.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:04 pm
mick/caz

mwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi
You need to use an internet proxy service so that you appear to be in the UK as far as BBC iPlayer, TV Catchup etc are concerned.
As i am not out there yet to find out, i cannot try, but was given a website to try, its adthe.net
apparently you google the site, click on the first link and you get a choice of sport or live tv, also if on any of the channels it says you need to download veetle, do it, on good authority its ok to download.

Good luck
Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Aliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to all

Sorry to jump in unannounced, but my questions kinda on the same lines as the op.

You know the plug in portable aerials, r they ok for Nz, possibly a ridiculous question but I'm not up on technology, and I'm creating a mental go/throw list!

Ali
Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:37 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aliwales
Sorry to jump in unannounced, but my questions kinda on the same lines as the op.

You know the plug in portable aerials, r they ok for Nz, possibly a ridiculous question but I'm not up on technology, and I'm creating a mental go/throw list!

Ali
I'm sure they'll work, but you might have a problem with reception. We plugged our UK tv into the fixed aerial on the house and tuned it to get reception - but it is poor and they will be phasing out analogue TV anyway in the next few years, just like the UK did. We bought a freeview box and digital reception is still poor. We're on the top of a hill by the way about 10km from Wellington.

A lot of people seem to have Sky dishes and I guess that is because they get better reception and more choice that way. I used to think TV in the UK was bad until I visited the US. NZ is just like the US but with less channels!
Old Jan 13th 2011, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aliwales

Ali
See my first responce in this thread

All terrestial tv reception in nz is crap you cannot see the picture
Old Jan 13th 2011, 6:17 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colandros
See my first responce in this thread

All terrestial tv reception in nz is crap you cannot see the picture
Ours is fine (North Shore), so a bit of a poor generalisation.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Aliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to all

Oooo colandros r u feeling hormonal?! Apologies for missing ur answer but I read this on an I phone and being useless with it I must have missed it!?

And do you know what it didn't occur to me that I would t need an aerial of some description coz I've never had sky!!! Derr silly me?!

Thanks
Old Jan 13th 2011, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Ta simonsi, I'll just shove em in n see, trying to absolutely space save is becoming an unhealthy obsession!
Al