UK supermarkets

Old Feb 4th 2015, 8:08 pm
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK supermarkets

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
Mine was a NZ card as well, billing address, UK
Aha - that's the key I think - my billing address is stiil here in NZ..

And thank you for the offer - I'll pm you and let you know (warms my heart there are people that can help )
Old Feb 5th 2015, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Toodles23 is on a distinguished road

If Spacecake also has problems I still have a UK credit card so should be able to help you.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 6:02 pm
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you 😊
Old Feb 5th 2015, 8:36 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparkleydiva
This is exactly the problem! And I don't think there is a way around it. I only have my mother in the UK and there is no way I would involve her - it is just too much hassle (that's why I live here)

Anyway will just send daughter money but it's not the same...
There isn't a way around it as I had exactly the same problem at xmas time when I wanted to order groceries for our holiday cottage and use my Italian credit card.
I have cheap calls to any UK 0044 number so I rang them and was told - no no no no. Later I filled out their feedback questionnaire and told them how annoying this system is. This time the shopping was for me but there must be plenty of other people who don't have a UK billing address any more but want to buy food for an elderly person or sick person or for any flipping reason. They are quite happy to take my credit card payments for other things like George clothes and even deliver them to Italy, so why not for bacon and eggs?
Old Feb 6th 2015, 6:15 am
wish I wasn't here!

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
There isn't a way around it as I had exactly the same problem at xmas time when I wanted to order groceries for our holiday cottage and use my Italian credit card.
I have cheap calls to any UK 0044 number so I rang them and was told - no no no no. Later I filled out their feedback questionnaire and told them how annoying this system is. This time the shopping was for me but there must be plenty of other people who don't have a UK billing address any more but want to buy food for an elderly person or sick person or for any flipping reason. They are quite happy to take my credit card payments for other things like George clothes and even deliver them to Italy, so why not for bacon and eggs?
I quite agree with you on this. I have ordered numerous times from Tesco, Asda and Waitrose for flowers, chocolates and wine but the minute I want to buy basics - I can't and it is very frustrating. I too have complained to Waitrose in particular as they asked me to fill in one of those surveys when I was shopping and I have complained directly to all three - but I think with the UK's obsession with identity theft and general control we are unlikely to be able to order these things any time soon

It is so annoying as for New Zealand has many frustrations - I know you can order groceries from overseas with an overseas card...