British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   UK supermarkets (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/uk-supermarkets-851974/)

Sparkleydiva Feb 2nd 2015 11:06 pm

UK supermarkets

Just wondering if anyone knows of any of the UK supermarkets that will accept overseas cards to order groceries for UK delivery?

I have tried Asda, Tesco and Waitrose but none let you use your NZ card. On Waitrose I got as far as putting my card details in and my overseas address as it asked for 'country' but still wanted a UK postcode :( I have emailed them asking what the problem is as I have ordered from both Asda and Waitrose for flowers, plants, chocolates and wine as gifts with my NZ cards but with UK delivery addresses.

Just wanted some goodies delivered for my daughter when she lands back there on Sunday. Can't ask mother - as would make it too difficult/traumatic as nothing is simple with her :(

Expecting the answer to be no chance but I can only hope :) :fingerscrossed:

Jan n Neil Feb 2nd 2015 11:24 pm

Re: UK supermarkets

Have you tried sticking your old postcode in ?

Sparkleydiva Feb 2nd 2015 11:40 pm

I did try the one for the address where it would be delivered but as it didn't match my address it didn't work :(

Bo-Jangles Feb 3rd 2015 5:19 am

I have never had a problem with ASDAs or M&S I quite often get stuff from there for presents delivered to family.

Sparkleydiva Feb 3rd 2015 5:21 am

I have with presents too - but this was grocery shopping and appears to be different :( Beans, bacon and the like... They don't have the option for a card that is not UK based :(

Bo-Jangles Feb 3rd 2015 5:42 am

I just had a look at my Tesco account, postal address is still my old UK address and postcode and then I have some alternate addresses in the 'address book' all of which I have sent stuff to since being here.

Spacecake799 Feb 3rd 2015 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Sparkleydiva (Post 11553851)
I have with presents too - but this was grocery shopping and appears to be different :( Beans, bacon and the like... They don't have the option for a card that is not UK based :(

Used to shop monthly online for groceries at tesco for our son. Logged onto my sisters account and ordered using our NZ card.

Sparkleydiva Feb 4th 2015 3:50 am

Umm... not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have created an account but each time I get to the billing address, because it isn't in the UK I can't seem to use my card and as I don't have a UK bank account/address I'm struggling :(

Spacecake799 Feb 4th 2015 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Sparkleydiva (Post 11554953)
Umm... not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have created an account but each time I get to the billing address, because it isn't in the UK I can't seem to use my card and as I don't have a UK bank account/address I'm struggling :(

Can't you just use someone else's address? A family member. Nothing gets sent. I think it's that which is stopping you, if you can use a UK billing address it should take your card.

MrsFychan Feb 4th 2015 8:15 am

sorry to hear you are still having problems getting this sorted. is there any friends you can ask to so the shop for you and you pay them by paypal or bank transfer??

MrsFychan Feb 4th 2015 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Spacecake799 (Post 11555121)
Can't you just use someone else's address? A family member. Nothing gets sent. I think it's that which is stopping you, if you can use a UK billing address it should take your card.

think the card needs to be linked to the billing address which is where I think the problem lies

pricklykina Feb 4th 2015 6:01 pm

I have ordered from ASDA and Sainsburys. I use an NZ credit card and my parent's UK postcode. No problems

Sparkleydiva Feb 4th 2015 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 11555127)
think the card needs to be linked to the billing address which is where I think the problem lies

This is exactly the problem! And I don't think there is a way around it. I only have my mother in the UK and there is no way I would involve her - it is just too much hassle (that's why I live here:rofl:)

Anyway will just send daughter money but it's not the same...

Spacecake799 Feb 4th 2015 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Sparkleydiva (Post 11555794)
This is exactly the problem! And I don't think there is a way around it. I only have my mother in the UK and there is no way I would involve her - it is just too much hassle (that's why I live here:rofl:)

Mine was a NZ card as well, billing address, UK

Spacecake799 Feb 4th 2015 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Sparkleydiva (Post 11555794)

PM me if you would like me to order the things for your daughter. We can sort out payment.