Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

UK----> NZ ...2009

UK----> NZ ...2009

Old May 26th 2008, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

marmite1000 has a brilliant futuremarmite1000 has a brilliant futuremarmite1000 has a brilliant futuremarmite1000 has a brilliant futuremarmite1000 has a brilliant futuremarmite1000 has a brilliant future
Default UK----> NZ ...2009

Hi !
Any advise on how to get started on the immigration process UK to NZ would be great, where do we start,...............
Old May 26th 2008, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

pleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nice
Default Re: UK----> NZ ...2009

Very broad question. First thing to do is work out if you are eligible to migrate and if you are, then which route will you take?

All can be found on the NZIS website
http://www.immigration.govt.nz
Old May 26th 2008, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Take the points test first on z immigration site to see if you would qualify. Have you ever visited NZ?
Old May 26th 2008, 9:59 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there and welcome,

That's a big question! It depends on what you want, do you want to go for permanent residency[PR] or a temporary work permit? There is also a work to residence visa and you will need a job offer for that.

If you want a temporary visa then you'll have to get a job first and there are various conditions associated with this.

If you want PR then maybe going down the skilled migrant category route is your option. You need to look on the NZIS website and work out how many points you have. You may have enough not to need a job offer first though the application will take longer. You can always apply and add a job offer in later if necessary but you will need 100 points to get into the pool to start off.

Best you look at the NZIS website and let us know which route you're likely to take and we can try and help you more then! I know that it all seems like a bit of an impossible maze at first but it does eventually start to make some sense

Unfortunately NZ immigration is such a big subject that it's difficult to help any more without some more details on what you want. Sorry
Just ask away, someone will answer!

Sue
Old May 27th 2008, 6:46 am
Just Joined

marmite1000 has a brilliant futuremarmite1000 has a brilliant futuremarmite1000 has a brilliant futuremarmite1000 has a brilliant futuremarmite1000 has a brilliant futuremarmite1000 has a brilliant future
Question Re: UK----> NZ ...2009

Hi
Thx !, everyones so helpful......well, we've now taken the points test, as hubby as main applicant (electrician) we have 160 points,(without a job offer ) im a nearly qualified nurse, (12 weeks away , ) we are looking for perm residence, so we think its best to use hubby as main applicant as he has been in same job for 15 years.....
We also have 2 kids-school age, so will be looking at schools later on ....we have narrowed our search to New Plymouth / Napier / Bay of Plenty.....possibly......
so........do we use an agent to help us over,
i have so many questions, aahhhhhhhh lol where to start !

thx again
Old May 27th 2008, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Reading through other posts on here the majority seem to say 'no' to using an agent. We have just submitted our ITA and have done it on own own. Providing you go through everything step by step, crossing your 't's and dotting your 'i's, it shouldn't pose too much of a problem. Also this forum is excellent for finding answers to any problems you may encounter.
Good luck!
Old May 27th 2008, 12:10 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by marmite1000
Hi
Thx !, everyones so helpful......well, we've now taken the points test, as hubby as main applicant (electrician) we have 160 points,(without a job offer ) im a nearly qualified nurse, (12 weeks away , ) we are looking for perm residence, so we think its best to use hubby as main applicant as he has been in same job for 15 years.....
We also have 2 kids-school age, so will be looking at schools later on ....we have narrowed our search to New Plymouth / Napier / Bay of Plenty.....possibly......
so........do we use an agent to help us over,
i have so many questions, aahhhhhhhh lol where to start !

thx again
Didn't use an agent, didn't even consider it, after all you have to give them all the information anyway. You also get detailed information on how to progress through each stage with a check list so you can't go wrong.

Best of luck.

We chose Bay of Plenty and do not regret it.
Old May 27th 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all
Post Re: UK----> NZ ...2009

Originally Posted by chippy64
Reading through other posts on here the majority seem to say 'no' to using an agent. We have just submitted our ITA and have done it on own own. Providing you go through everything step by step, crossing your 't's and dotting your 'i's, it shouldn't pose too much of a problem. Also this forum is excellent for finding answers to any problems you may encounter.
Good luck!
Hi, I've just submitted my E of I and did it all myself. As Chippy says, "t"s and "i"s, re-read everything 10 times. The NZIS says the form can take a couple of hours, I did ours in a 5 days (on and off admitedly) but it goes feel good to press the submit button yourself.

Good luck
Old May 27th 2008, 9:07 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, with 160 points you'll have no problems. Any EOIs with over 140 points are selected automatically at the fortnightly draw so you won't be sitting in the pool for weeks! Though it will then take longer to process your EOI and ITA if you don't have a job.

I didn't use an agent and did the paperwork myself-I'm just about to send in my ITA now. The forms are pretty easy and as long as there isn't anything dodgy or difficult with your application then you will be fine doing them yourself. You can do the EOI as slowly as you want online. You can save bits as you go along so you can take your time and check it as many times as you wish before you hit the submit button!
It also tells you exactly how many points you will get for each section.
It's not that easy to do anything wrong and NZIS will let you know if you have and ask for the correct info. The main consensus on here seems to be not to waste money on an agent, immigration costs enough as it is as you'll find out
Just ask if you have any questions or are not sure what they want you to put on your EOI. I managed it OK with help from on here and the NZIS website when necessary
Good luck
Sue