Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

UK 2 NZ - Emigration Consultants

UK 2 NZ - Emigration Consultants

Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

JoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant future
Default Re: UK 2 NZ - Emigration Consultants

[ I have read all the replies so far... There are so many pros and cons about this and that. One big HOWEVER is The emigration group were superb. I know I could have probably done it myself but they smoothed over everything and sorted out my Visa (now got it. ) Even have a job interview over the telephone. If they offer me the job, I'm only too willing to take it! ( yes, I really want to go to NZ but I'm not getting any younger! ( 49 )

JoannaD
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

aarcc is an unknown quantity at this point
Question UK 2 NZ - Job Offers & Start Times

Originally Posted by JoannaD
[ I have read all the replies so far... There are so many pros and cons about this and that. One big HOWEVER is The emigration group were superb. I know I could have probably done it myself but they smoothed over everything and sorted out my Visa (now got it. ) Even have a job interview over the telephone. If they offer me the job, I'm only too willing to take it! ( yes, I really want to go to NZ but I'm not getting any younger! ( 49 )

JoannaD
With respect to being interviewed and receiving a job offer. How long might an employer give you to get to NZ to start work?

aarcc

Last edited by aarcc; Aug 31st 2005 at 7:27 pm.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Location: I'm a Brit who's lived in Auckland for the last 2 years
NZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant future
Default Re: UK 2 NZ - Job Offers & Start Times

Originally Posted by aarcc
With respect to being interviewed and receiving a job offer. How long might an employer give you to get to NZ to start work?

aarcc
Well, my better half had a job offer and it took us ten months to actually get everything sorted and get to NZ (we had a house to finish rennovating). They were getting a little antsy at that point...
Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

aarcc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK 2 NZ - Job Offers & Start Times

Originally Posted by NZ Climber
Well, my better half had a job offer and it took us ten months to actually get everything sorted and get to NZ (we had a house to finish rennovating). They were getting a little antsy at that point...
10 months does sound rather long, but would 3-4 months be a fairly common time period to be allowed to complete one's move.

aarcc
Old Nov 29th 2006, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Sir_Geraint is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NZ Climber
I rest my case. This country is no longer an attractive place to live and work for many reasons, not least of all the differences between salary and cost of living (which don't match up at all).
Woh woh woh, are you talking about New Zealand or Britain here? If NZ what reasons are these? I'm 23 and looking to buckle down and start making a life for myself in New Zealand basically because I feel theres nothing for me here in England. I've got a work visa for 12 months and I should be going over some time early next year. I've got the £1600 I need to be allowed in plus that again as last-resort back up. I had the idea of working to support myself , rent a place and go from there. So whats happening there? Is everybody leaving because theres no future? They seem to be putting out a good image of clean (environment), laid back living, an economy on the up and futures in all sorts of industries. So whats the real crack? And could you recommend some good NZ newspapers that can be read online? Cheers
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sir_Geraint
Woh woh woh, are you talking about New Zealand or Britain here? If NZ what reasons are these? I'm 23 and looking to buckle down and start making a life for myself in New Zealand basically because I feel theres nothing for me here in England. I've got a work visa for 12 months and I should be going over some time early next year. I've got the £1600 I need to be allowed in plus that again as last-resort back up. I had the idea of working to support myself , rent a place and go from there. So whats happening there? Is everybody leaving because theres no future? They seem to be putting out a good image of clean (environment), laid back living, an economy on the up and futures in all sorts of industries. So whats the real crack? And could you recommend some good NZ newspapers that can be read online? Cheers
Rather than get so wound up over one post, why don't you read the whole forum, which may give you a more balanced view. Which is not to say that NZClimbers post is not valid, just that there are a whole mix of opinions on here.
Online papers...
www.stuff.co.nz
www.nzherald.co.nz/
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:41 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sir_Geraint
Firstly, welcome to the site

It may be a good idea if you havent already have a look HERE Loads of very good info. After that fire away and ask what you want and enjoy your visit with us
Old Nov 30th 2006, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

maysie has a spectacular aura aboutmaysie has a spectacular aura aboutmaysie has a spectacular aura about

If you have over 100 points then do it yourself, there is obviously a lot of paperwork to fill in and find but as long as you can speak english and have the points you will be fine. It's quite good fun filling out all the applications and adds to the excitment of the whole process. Take your time and make sure you include all the necessary paperwork first time and you will fly in

good luck and go for it