Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Cold Feet?????????????

Cold Feet?????????????

Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Cold Feet?????????????

HI Guys/Girls
I just have to get it off my chest. I have just resigned today 18.5 years working for BT and O2, it's all I have really known in my working life. There is a feeling of relief but mainly numbness. The question is will I be to institutionalised working for a large Blue chip company and not be able to change ? maybe we will see. The enormity of it is right in my face , nice house sold , stability gone , flights paid for movers booked.Oh Shit as the programme Say's No Going Back.
To Quote Paul Burrel/Buzz Lightyear. Into Infinity and Beyond.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:59 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cold Feet?????????????

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
HI Guys/Girls
I just have to get it off my chest. I have just resigned today 18.5 years working for BT and O2, it's all I have really known in my working life. There is a feeling of relief but mainly numbness. The question is will I be to institutionalised working for a large Blue chip company and not be able to change ? maybe we will see. The enormity of it is right in my face , nice house sold , stability gone , flights paid for movers booked.Oh Shit as the programme Say's No Going Back.
Dont worry. Good on you
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

HI Guys/Girls
you'll be fine

you can always come work for a big company here, like telecom or vodafone

you've got to give it a shot, otherwise you wont know any different

good luck..it will be definitely worth it
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

HI Guys/Girls
I have just started work after 2 yrs off kiddie rearing....I packed in a job after a number of years...admittedly not as long as you have been working for one big Co...hey but think of the release....I understand the uncertainty but you have a whole new life ahead....AWESOME!!!!!!!! Been here 20 months after a MAJOR bridge burning excercise in the UK and it has all been marvellous..peppered with difficulty but all in all utterly marvellous. Would never willingly return to what I had in the UK. NZ rocks, rather a lot!!!
Old Nov 30th 2006, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

maysie has a spectacular aura aboutmaysie has a spectacular aura aboutmaysie has a spectacular aura about

don't worry about a thing, i was working as a senior manager for the biggest pharma company in the world, everyone thought i was crazy when i handed in my notice, spent so long getting a plum job with the company and then threw it all away..... i have never looked back... was the best decision ever... came here with no work, no where to live, no bank, no schools, nothing, 6 suite cases and the family. Never been happier, now have goodish jobs, great lifestyle, time to enjoy the family, friendly people, lots of friends etc

be positive and never say to a kiwi 'this or that was better in the uk' and you will be fine, embrace the lifestyle, the culture, the community and enjoy

get used to being called a pom, everyone taking the mickey out of the england cricket team and the rugby, tell them that the all blacks are the greatest team you have ever seen and life will be sweeeeet as

good luck and go for it
Old Nov 30th 2006, 7:29 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maysie
don't worry about a thing, i was working as a senior manager for the biggest pharma company in the world, everyone thought i was crazy when i handed in my notice, spent so long getting a plum job with the company and then threw it all away..... i have never looked back... was the best decision ever... came here with no work, no where to live, no bank, no schools, nothing, 6 suite cases and the family. Never been happier, now have goodish jobs, great lifestyle, time to enjoy the family, friendly people, lots of friends etc

be positive and never say to a kiwi 'this or that was better in the uk' and you will be fine, embrace the lifestyle, the culture, the community and enjoy

get used to being called a pom, everyone taking the mickey out of the england cricket team and the rugby, tell them that the all blacks are the greatest team you have ever seen and life will be sweeeeet as

good luck and go for it
6 suite cases lol

I don't mind being called a pom but no way am I going to tell the all blacks that they are the greatest team ever :scared:
Don't forget to be proud to be british, people

Last edited by sky; Nov 30th 2006 at 9:05 am.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

maysie has a spectacular aura aboutmaysie has a spectacular aura aboutmaysie has a spectacular aura about

oh dont worry, everyone knows i am very proud to be english, huge picture of england winning the world cup on my office wall at work along with the england cricket team winning the ashes what i was saying was i just humour most of the guys at work by saying that the all blacks are the greatest team ever (which at the moment they are) and then show them the picture to remind them that the world cup is made of gold!!!!!!