Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

TV: as bad as rumoured, or worse?

TV: as bad as rumoured, or worse?

Old Sep 7th 2005, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: TV: as bad as rumoured, or worse?

Originally Posted by SteveNZ
The problem with the copper is primarily the "last mile" connection actually INTO people's homes - not the international links

found this while surfing the web, it might be of interest to you

http://www.consumer.org.nz/topic.asp...eed%20internet

high speed internet is important to me too, apart from chatting with my mates on Skype but also torrent downloading. especially now the beeb is airing the new season of spooks soon, so will only see the first few episodes will have to download the rest.

sure its not going to even make me think twice about moving to nz but i certainly will miss decent internet access, get frustrated when i visit my parents who are at 512kbs

looks like i will have to shell out some extra cash for the net in NZ
Old Sep 7th 2005, 6:51 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: TV: as bad as rumoured, or worse?

Originally Posted by SteveDK
Look, I KNOW I´m not flying half way across the world to watch the box but on dark wintery evenings... what can one get in NZ? BBC Prime/World? Eastenders? 24? I know Dr Who´s coming over :scared: but surely some other half decent stuff must make it over too?
Get Sky if you can afford it.
Mind you it gets 'rain fade' Yep it's very civilised here. When it rains (a lot) the picture fades.