Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Transferring money to UK

Transferring money to UK

Old Oct 25th 2019, 5:00 am
Just Joined

Sharon Margaret is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transferring money to UK

Iā€™m going back to the UK after twenty glorious years in NZ. I have a bank account in the UK, is it best to wait until Brexit is over and done with before transferring my money or just get it done with. Thank you šŸ˜Š
Old Oct 25th 2019, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transferring money to UK

Originally Posted by Sharon Margaret
Iā€™m going back to the UK after twenty glorious years in NZ. I have a bank account in the UK, is it best to wait until Brexit is over and done with before transferring my money or just get it done with. Thank you šŸ˜Š
If the pound strengthens once the uncertainty of brexit has cleared, you're going to lose out. The pound climbed sharply last week on the announcement that a deal had been agreed, another climb will be likely once it's done.
Old Oct 25th 2019, 11:09 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

to be honest its just a guessing game, I have to transfer money back to UK every few months. last month I could of got Ā£518 for $1000, today its around Ā£481.
You just have to decide what level you are happy to transfer at and then not look at it again once you have transferred
Old Oct 26th 2019, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
then not look at it again once you have transferred
That's the hardest part of the whole process