Train UK to NZ

Old Dec 25th 2010, 7:48 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Train UK to NZ

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-11929967
Old Dec 25th 2010, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Train UK to NZ

haven't read all. Too much Much Too Long.

but the map was interesting. (sounds like a dream tho).

anyhow what it all about then, eh?

Last edited by crap coffee; Dec 25th 2010 at 8:04 am.
Old Dec 25th 2010, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure i'd do it on a train but the route looks perfect for a motorbike adventure.
Old Dec 25th 2010, 8:25 pm

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colandros
Not sure i'd do it on a train but the route looks perfect for a motorbike adventure.
Right that,s two of us then..........
Old Dec 25th 2010, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I've been on some of those trains described in the article and I agree with the descriptions. We were lucky(!) in China because our tour leader had purchased the tickets in advance but oh boy that was one of the worst train journeys I have ever taken in my life! The London Underground comes second for overcrowding and smelliness!
Old Dec 25th 2010, 9:04 pm

My winners for dirty unorganised trains goes to............Italy....
Old Dec 27th 2010, 4:51 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It won't let me give you more karma Stormer but

I was on a train in North Africa once and that was a wee bit tough Happily the loo was one of those bottomless types that left the evidence on the tracks.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by BEVS
It won't let me give you more karma Stormer but

I was on a train in North Africa once and that was a wee bit tough Happily the loo was one of those bottomless types that left the evidence on the tracks.
Bevs....you are only supposed to use them when the train is moving.........
Old Dec 27th 2010, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I remember having an argument with the train manager on a sleeper train in Italy going from Rome to Brindisi - he was shouting at me in Italian and I was shouting back in English. The gist of it was that you have to nominate which bunk you wish to sleep in (there were 3 levels if memory serves me correctly) and you are supposed to request this when you purchase your ticket. Of course I was never told this so I didn't request any particular level so I was designated the top bunk in an empty couchette. I got myself settled into the lowest bed and when the train bloke came in and shouted at me to go to the top bunk.... guess who won
Old Dec 27th 2010, 8:40 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Bevs....you are only supposed to use them when the train is moving.........
Mate. It was moving at one helluva rate. It was swaying as well.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by BEVS
Mate. It was moving at one helluva rate. It was swaying as well.
Mind you not so long ago UK trains were not much better when the sign in the toilet used to tell you not to flush the cistern whilst the train was stopped at a station....