Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hello fellow pommies

Hello fellow pommies

Old Dec 27th 2010, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

zrx1100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello fellow pommies

Hi there, I have just joined so a big hello to everyone My name is Tracy and I'm 40 years old. I moved to New Zealand 5 years ago with my hubby and our daughter who is now 6.

It has been an up and down ride while being over here and I absolutely adored being here for the first couple of years but due to our experiences I now have mixed feelings about the place and wonder wether to move on-one things for sure though-we'd never go back to the UK, not now it's been so spoilt anyway though most of my memories are fond ones.

I love that I can have horses in my back yard here in NZ and the rural upbringing for my daughter is great in many ways but I'm sick of being a pommie and would just like to be just a plain person again instead of having the "pommie" label go before me and define everything that we do.

I'd love to talk to other UK immigrants here in New Zealand and discover what their experiences have been like?

Tracy

Last edited by zrx1100; Dec 28th 2010 at 12:02 am.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 4:52 am
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello fellow pommies

Hi Tracy,

There are a whole range of people that contribute to this forum with different experiences, so I'm sure you'll get some sort of feedback that relates to both your ups and your downs.

I've only been here (In NZ) three and a half months so I'm still a newbie. I guess I am still in the honeymoon period.

Anyway, welcome and have fun!

WP
Old Dec 28th 2010, 7:57 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help still in the UK....who's was/is the Rex?
Old Dec 28th 2010, 11:51 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhingingPom
Hi Tracy,

There are a whole range of people that contribute to this forum with different experiences, so I'm sure you'll get some sort of feedback that relates to both your ups and your downs.

I've only been here (In NZ) three and a half months so I'm still a newbie. I guess I am still in the honeymoon period.

Anyway, welcome and have fun!

WP
Welcome to the forum Tracey WhingingPom is spot on.....there are several members who regularly post that have had varying experiences!

Have a look around the forum and you'll find members who are happy to help and / or share information, offer support or just meet up for a chat.

Have a look in the 'meet up's' thread for members who may be in your area or post an invitation and organise a get together! use the search facility to find previous posts or threads on topics that match your issues.
B x